Plants, flowers and shrubs 2022; Share your photos here

After a successful thread started back in March 2020 at the start of the first lockdown, its probably about time to start a new one for 2022. Thank you to all for your contributions, no matter how small or big, each has been valuable and interesting, and hopefully you will continue to contribute to the 2022 thread.

The old thread: Plants, flowers and shrubs; Share your photos here can be viewed on the link below

https://community.rspb.org.uk/chat/f/the-tea-rooms/206836/plants-flowers-and-shrubs-share-your-photos-here#pifragment-4313=1

I'll kickstart this thread with some snowdrops that have come out in flower, crocuses will be out in many places soon, and then daffodils, and many more to follow throughout the year, and it will be nice to see what wild or garden plants, flowers or shrubs you come across on your wanders or around your garden. Without these plants, flowers and shrubs, nature would struggle to survive, they all a part of the valuable cycle of life, insects need them, birds need the insects, and so on through to the mammals,

I mentioned daffodils, these shoots are growing very well among the snowdrops, and  it won't be long before the bluebells start showing shoots...

• on the way to the barn and Coaley Peak

AONB At the barn under Coaly Peak

White Deadnettle 

Bellflowers 

Ground Ivy 

Chaerophyllum aureum

Horsetail

Genus: Dandelion Family

At Coley Peak

I didn’t manage to get much flowers at Coaley Peak cause I spent A lot of time under Coaly peak so only had 10 minutes on Coaly Peak Cause someone had to sort there horse out before I go But I managed to get a few photos 

Meadow Grass

• After a week in sunny, and dry, North Wales, I came home to the welcome sight of tulips in full bloom, with a plus!

last year we had eight flowers, the year before was seven, and this year, NINE!

And they were barely buds before we went away!

• I'd forgotten this one, I think a sweet violet, any correction or confirmation gratefully received.

And the underrated and overlooked common daisey....

• Lovely photos Zo and nice to see the daisy getting some air time.

• With the Orchid Iv seen Information and pictures with Wild Orchids but Iv never seen a Wild Orchid in real life before so it was the first time Iv ever seen one.  But it’s one of the ones  that come out  in Spring. I  only found them scattered near and right on the steep slope itself on the Common. They were absent every where else on the common. The rest were cowslip and Daisys.  Not all of the flowers on the Orchid were open yet and there was some that was still growing but with the ones that had grown some of the flower heads were open. It’s scarce in the Midlands. It’s widespread but not as widespread as it once was. And Conservation wise it’s Threatened by  destruction of Woodland and loss of Grassland habitats due to farming methods. 

• Yesterday 

at this time of year it’s suposed to develop flowers

instead it developed flowers in winter and

Is developing  fruits this month instead   

Cherry plum tree

23 February 2022 

26 April 2022

Yesterday all its Flowers were gone 

and now it’s growing Plums 

• Ramsoms   (Garlic)  

Holly. Interestingly There was a Holly Blue in the area  aswell which felt abit ironic 

• Zo Clark said:

With the Orchid Iv seen Information and pictures with Wild Orchids but Iv never seen a Wild Orchid in real life before so it was the first time Iv ever seen one.  But it’s one of the ones  that come out  in Spring. I  only found them scattered near and right on the steep slope itself on the Common. They were absent every where else on the common. The rest were cowslip and Daisys.  Not all of the flowers on the Orchid were open yet and there was some that was still growing but with the ones that had grown some of the flower heads were open. It’s scarce in the Midlands. It’s widespread but not as widespread as it once was. And Conservation wise it’s Threatened by  destruction of Woodland and loss of Grassland habitats due to farming methods. 

Its always good when you get your first sighting, no matter what the species, or how popular.