2022 YEAR LIST - here we go again:

New year - new blank list:

We started early- team of 4 and did a  traditional Jan 1st route  around the NW corner of Norfolk

8 1/2 hours and a  Chinese takeaway later it was 100 spp , 

The weather and wind direction were against us and some staked out regulars let us down - but it was better than last years !

Best birds were SEO, Tree Sparrow, Great Northern Diver , Black Necked Grebe, Cattle Egret, Bullfinch, Nuthatch, Marsh Tit.

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Impressive count and variety of species S, great to welcome back the summer warblers plus oodles of ouzels. !

Regards, Hazel 

• Local Little Owl finally arrived on the barn.
    A wander around the washes and a walk around some north facing hill slopes on the way to the coast...
    Whimbrel flying over, Wheatear , Whitethroats all over, Swallow and Cuckoo calling.
    The Temmincks Stint still at Titchwell with more Grasshopper warblers.

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Way behind you Seymour but a 2nd trip to our moorland square got us Ring Ouzel, Wheatear and Meadow Pipit all carrying food so presumably they have young. We also had Common Sandpiper to add to the year list. Yesterday on our local reserve we saw and heard Garden Warbler and Blackcap singing in the same hedge which was good for comparison. These plus Mediterranean Gull flying over and a Greenshank eating newts brought the year total to 116. We really need a couple of days sea watching to add some fresh birds.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Hi

took out some newbies today-

We saw a good selection of spp at Titchwell and Thornham including

Great White Egret
    Wood Sandpiper 155
    LRP
    Garden Warbler 156
    Wheatear
    Ruff
    Reed Warbler157
    White Wagtail

S

• Singing Garden Warbler, in competition with a Blackcap for comparison, Common Tern and 4 very active Little Gulls brought my total to 120 so slowly creeping up.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• I've made it to 116 thus far. Damned Covid kept me at home for longer than I'd hoped. I have a trip to Northumerland and Farne coming up though, that should add a few.

Volunteer Shaun welcomes visitors to RSPB Old Moor. He also writes a weekly blog about life at the reserve titled, "View From the Shed". He usually wears a big hat.

• I'm now on hols for a couple of weeks- so birding the local hotspots.

Had Dusky Warbler,  Lerrer Whitethroat, Red Breasted Goose, Black Throated Diver and a Whinchat sitting with a Greenland Wheatear
    today :)

• Sounds like a good start to the hols Seymour

Pete

• I only left the county twice- 20 miles into Lincs:

List is now

• And today finally bumped into a 1st summer Little Gull and then a Great Reed Warbler while the car was being serviced :)