The Pitfalls Of Social Media

Apparently it was posted yesterday on social media that someone had lost 10p on the beach at Musselburgh.

I… eh… ahem… just happened to be in the area, ...... 10p is 10p after all.!!

I’m not being stereotypical against Scots though, being one myself.

It could just as easily be a bus trip up from Yorkshire.!! ;-)

My bird photos HERE

• lol Paul and Alan !! as it happened I found a 10p just outside our cottage near the car park at Silverdale the other week but I did put it in the rspb collection box !! Mike found a 5p the day after but kept it …… well we do need to buy two pairs of new jeans after sitting on the varnished bench at Grange lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Lol aitch ... let me know where you can get two pairs of jeans for 5p & I'll be there like a shot!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• LOL Wendy !! to be honest we only have to put 5p towards replacement jeans as the Kendal council accepted responsibility for the damage and have offered to reimburse us ! I was going to say don't worry about it but then I thought about the bird food I could buy with it and benefit to our feathered friends lol I did buy myself a new pair of jeans so spending the other £35 for Mike's on suet pellets, sun-hearts and peckish nuggets !   My local garden centre had a bargain yesterday when I found a bag of RSPB whole peanuts 1.8kg  for £3    and they were still well  in date !   

Regards, Hazel 

• WendyBartter said:
    let me know where you can get two pairs of jeans for 5p & I'll be there like a shot!

Living in the far distant south, but a potential honorary Scotswoman.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• I seen a Surf Scoter last year at Musselburgh, much easier to pick out than a White-winged, cracking looking birds as you say. Often there are large rafts of Scoters and Eiders (100's of birds) but they can be 1/4 - 1/2 mile out so a scope is a must if you intend to search through them. I sometimes take the wee travel scope with me, but I already carry so much weight around that it's often left at home.

My bird photos HERE

• Great sense of humour there Paul, it gave me a good laugh. I tried to explain to another Moth trapper (French) that men from your part of the world have moths fly out of their wallets, not sure he got the joke! LOL

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Unknown said:
    spending the other £35 for Mike's on suet pellets, sun-hearts and peckish nuggets !  

Well aitch, that's not going to keep Mike very decent & warm ... unless you intend to feed the birds on some sun-drenched tropical island where minimal clothing is 'de riguer'  Rofl

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Paul A said:
    Living in the far distant south, but a potential honorary Scotswoman.!! :-)

I accept the honour you have kindly bestowed PA ... is it for free?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    I accept the honour you have kindly bestowed PA ... is it for free?

LOL, ....no.!!   :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Paul A said:
    I already carry so much weight around

Me too, Paul, and that's before I even get dressed!!