Autumn Colours & Scenes 2019: share you photos here

• Nice photos folks, and yes, beech tree do often give superb colours.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• OK, getting out hasn't been an option, apart from work and shopping, both necessary.

My local reserve Middleton Lakes has been suffering with flooding, and the only days I would be able to visit, well, it was just rain, rain, and more rain.

Even the garden birds have taken shelter!

A few photos taken in the garden between showers, hence the shiny leaves, but under very dull conditions, so flash was used, of the fallen leaves, a mix of cherry tree and sycamore, in the garden.

This last photo, taken earlier this month, when I was hoping for a decent bit of sun and blue sky, for the cherry tree leaves can look stunning in the right light, but alas not this autumn.

This next photo was taken November 2018.

It'll soon be winter, and the snow will no doubt make an appearance...

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Lovely autumnal colours Mike, looks like Friday this week for best day so we may head back to Wirral Coast.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Good stuff Mike, it's amazing the difference a bit of blue sky can make (in more ways than one!)
  • In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:
    Lovely autumnal colours Mike, looks like Friday this week for best day so we may head back to Wirral Coast.

Thank you.

Fingers crossed for some decent weather for you.

Sadly I'll be at work, but there are still some trees in their autumn robes...

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to PimperneBloke:

PimperneBloke said:
    Good stuff Mike, it's amazing the difference a bit of blue sky can make (in more ways than one!)

Blue sky can make a difference, but its also the contrasting colours/shades that help greatly to enhance.

The sun hasn't been that generous with its appearances here these last few months, as with a lot of other places, and when it does, I stuck at work or some other necessary chore....

Perhaps next year.....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• There's another month of this year yet, crisp winter mornings, a soft carpet of snow, sun glinting off the icicles dangling from the guttering, just waiting for someone to walk below so they can plunge down in a kamikaze...sorry...did I get a bit carried away there??
  • In reply to PimperneBloke:

PimperneBloke said:
    There's another month of this year yet, crisp winter mornings, a soft carpet of snow, sun glinting off the icicles dangling from the guttering, just waiting for someone to walk below so they can plunge down in a kamikaze...sorry...did I get a bit carried away there??

I think you may be getting a little carried away there, but keep thinking, keep looking.

A haw frost is often good for photos, but we've a little while before they come along, well, for us southerners anyway....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Even though the Meteorological Autumn is over, the astronomical autumn, will be with us until 20 December.

Some of you might be asking what's the difference?

Well it's as simple as this, the astronomical seasons are based on the position of the earths orbit around the sun, while the meteorological seasons are fixed around complete calendar three months. Why the difference?

It's all about data collection, it's easier for the Met Office to collect data around complete months rather than part months, and nothing more.

So here's some from a visit to Cambridge on Sunday 1st December.

Punts at rest on the River Cam

A weeping willow over the River Cam

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler