Autumn Colours & Scenes 2019: share you photos here

Its that time of year, the leaves are changing to some fabulous colours, reds, yellows, browns and oranges, and I think quite a photogenic time, especially when the sun makes an appearance.

Here's a few to start the thread off.

Aber Ogwen

RSPB Conwy

Baddesley Clinton

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• I agree it is a lovely time of year for colours...if we ever get any sun again I might be able to get a few photos.

My Flickr photos

• Stunning colours of autumn,  I can only find older photos from our garden when all the Japanese acers were showing at their best. …...

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:

Stunning colours of autumn,  I can only find older photos from our garden when all the Japanese acers were showing at their best. …...

What stunning colours Hazy.

I've given up on the sun for this year, just to get a dry day is a bonus these days!

I did look back before I set the thread up, and some I took around Ladybower Reservoir were nice and colourful, mid-November, and that was a cloudy day. So you can get some decent autumnal photos on a cloudy day

Even Wheel Stones on Derwent Edge were clearly visible!

While nearby Bleaklow was draped in snow, and thick cloud!

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Alan.:

Alan. said:
    I agree it is a lovely time of year for colours...if we ever get any sun again I might be able to get a few photos.

I've given up on the sun for this year, just getting a dry day is a bonus...

Though it is possible to get decent autumn colours even on a cloudy day, see my reply to Hazy with the Ladybower Reservoir photos.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Nice one Alan, remind me of why we left The Laurels lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to Alan.:

Alan. said:

Lovely photo Alan, I do love how colourful a carpet of autumn leaves looks.

Our sycamore has long since dropped all its leaves, but none fell in our garden this year, though the wind has been a little stronger than normal.

However, the cherry tree has almost finished leaving a carpet of leaves, so hopefully I'll get a day with decent light to get a piccie.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• I think Autumn is pretty much over here already. This was from last week and there were hardly any leaves left on the trees - it's a view over Yarrow Reservoir

Beech and Oak are still hanging on to their dead leaves giving some colour, like this lone oak on the edge of the moors

Nige   Flickr

• I think a nice beech wood is worth an autumn visit where all the leaves are the same rich brown, whether on the ground or still on the tree

Nige   Flickr