Autumn Colours & Scenes 2019: share you photos here

Its that time of year, the leaves are changing to some fabulous colours, reds, yellows, browns and oranges, and I think quite a photogenic time, especially when the sun makes an appearance.

Here's a few to start the thread off.

Aber Ogwen

RSPB Conwy

Baddesley Clinton

• Unknown said:
    Lovely autumnal colours Mike, looks like Friday this week for best day so we may head back to Wirral Coast.

Thank you.

Fingers crossed for some decent weather for you.

Sadly I'll be at work, but there are still some trees in their autumn robes...

• PimperneBloke said:
    Good stuff Mike, it's amazing the difference a bit of blue sky can make (in more ways than one!)

Blue sky can make a difference, but its also the contrasting colours/shades that help greatly to enhance.

The sun hasn't been that generous with its appearances here these last few months, as with a lot of other places, and when it does, I stuck at work or some other necessary chore....

Perhaps next year.....

• There's another month of this year yet, crisp winter mornings, a soft carpet of snow, sun glinting off the icicles dangling from the guttering, just waiting for someone to walk below so they can plunge down in a kamikaze...sorry...did I get a bit carried away there??
  • PimperneBloke said:
    There's another month of this year yet, crisp winter mornings, a soft carpet of snow, sun glinting off the icicles dangling from the guttering, just waiting for someone to walk below so they can plunge down in a kamikaze...sorry...did I get a bit carried away there??

I think you may be getting a little carried away there, but keep thinking, keep looking.

A haw frost is often good for photos, but we've a little while before they come along, well, for us southerners anyway....

• Even though the Meteorological Autumn is over, the astronomical autumn, will be with us until 20 December.

Some of you might be asking what's the difference?

Well it's as simple as this, the astronomical seasons are based on the position of the earths orbit around the sun, while the meteorological seasons are fixed around complete calendar three months. Why the difference?

It's all about data collection, it's easier for the Met Office to collect data around complete months rather than part months, and nothing more.

So here's some from a visit to Cambridge on Sunday 1st December.

Punts at rest on the River Cam

A weeping willow over the River Cam