Add your miscellaneous photos or stories here

Rather than going off topic on other threads,  thought it may be better to create a general "miscellaneous" thread where you can add your stories or pics that are either memorable to you or pics you want to share with forum members;   they don't have to relate specifically to wildlife (as on Odds & Sods thread)  as Tea Rooms is for general chat/pics as long as you follow community acceptable guidelines !    

To start it off I'll transfer over a few pics I put up for Wendy..............

@ Wendy,   I wasn't into photography back in my Aussie days and can't find the happy snappy pics except for these.....

For Mick...…...a pic of Glen McGrath

Pre-match preparations  !    and junk food  lol 

• Unknown said:

TeeJay said:
    Wonderful photos and highly amusing.. I wish I could take photos as good as that.

Me too Tony,  I can only dream   lol        Would be interesting to see if any of them are sponsored by the Camera companies, if not I am sure they will get a few offers and freebies shortly !  

Hands up anyone who wants to trial the Canon 1DXmkiii before release   ?    lol    

While a lot is down to being in the right place at the right time, probably have 24/7 access to reserves, I'm sure many are sponsored.

That said, quite a few reserves I've visited do give members 24/7 access, except those which are public owned.

• Unknown said:
    Awwww, TJ, lovely memories--thanks so much for posting your photos.

I'll second that, superb story TJ.

• Something different.

Yesterday I was a child of the 60's

• A lovely story about your visits to Barra TJ. I think you are the gentleman standing on the left, in the checked shirt and brown trousers? Lovely memories for you.

• Unknown said:
    This was a family group last Easter. Hazel might be able to pick me out but can you?

Are you on the right with the red shorts on?

I take my hat off to you for a lovely set of photos. :-)

• Paul A said:

You've taken the obvious answer (apart from the one in front with the floppy ears!) so I'd have to guess the outdoors type towards the left holding the hat. No idea why I imagine that look, as we've never met 

I've never landed on a beach, but I have landed on the steep slope of a himalaya in a small plane - and back then they kept the cabin door open so you could see out with the mountain rearing up right in front of you - quite a hairy experience but perhaps not as bad as taking off, where it seems like they take the handbrake off and let it roll down hill to build up take-off speed before the ground drops away!

• @ Tony, so sorry, I've only just caught up with your brilliant contribution to this thread and can only blame it on not scrolling back a page - I still find navigation on here a major headache !
    I could almost picture the trip/s to Barra with your description (I once hired a Ford Cortina back in UK 1982 just after I passed my driving test in Brunei lol ) and as for Barra - what a fantastic place to visit; perfect holiday home and location to unwind and enjoy the natural world around you and catch up with family. Yes, I would always recognise you Tony and think those red shorts you had on were a good idea in case you got into trouble on the boat trip again and needed to attract the attention of the coastguard LOL Lovely photo mementos and perfect birthday gift.
    Don't think I've ever landed on a beach before, nearest I got was in E.Africa when the boss of the company (Shh ….. you know which one ! ) seconded the company helicopter (Bell or Puma - can't remember) and 5 of us including the pilot headed south from Dar es Salaam to an island which had some old ruins on it. The only reason Mike and I were invited was that Mike as finance manager had to sanction the cost of using the helicopter LOL I will go into that story another time if only I could remember the name of the area !
    Once again, wonderful story and thanks for sharing. Look forward to hearing more :)
  • Paul A said:

You smooth talking Scotsman. If only Paul, he's only about 35.

Close Gaynor and Catlady  but Nigel was spot on. It must the birding hat that gave me away This is me.

• Hazel, I'd like to hear more tales of your time in Africa and the far East
  • Unknown said:
    You smooth talking Scotsman. If only Paul, he's only about 35.

LOL. I never even noticed him.!! I was refering to the one dangling in mid-air.!! :-)