Add your miscellaneous photos or stories here

Rather than going off topic on other threads,  thought it may be better to create a general "miscellaneous" thread where you can add your stories or pics that are either memorable to you or pics you want to share with forum members;   they don't have to relate specifically to wildlife (as on Odds & Sods thread)  as Tea Rooms is for general chat/pics as long as you follow community acceptable guidelines !    

To start it off I'll transfer over a few pics I put up for Wendy..............

@ Wendy,   I wasn't into photography back in my Aussie days and can't find the happy snappy pics except for these.....

For Mick...…...a pic of Glen McGrath

Pre-match preparations  !    and junk food  lol 

• Fabulous pics Hazy, great memories to have.
    Wish I had a few photos too from the rugby five nations back in the 60's. Fabulous times, The roar of the crowd and the singing (when in Wales!!) was just wonderful.
    Looking forward to reading more from other Forumites.
  • Thanks for pics & new thread aitch!  Mick remembered GMcG!

• lol Gaynor, as you say the atmosphere for some of these sporting events is something that stays with you, there's nothing quite like being there (as long as the masses are in control and not throwing cardboard drinks cups from the upper tiers like they did at MCG once ! ) 5 nations was always thrilling to see - we did go to "Twickers" in 1978 when Billy Beaumont was playing - against the Welsh team ! those were the days and can't believe it was that long ago, I suddenly feel old lol.
  • Just came across a photo Mike took outside the MCG during Ashes Test match and a link to a random YT video the day I was there (which  I googled with famous Jimmy, leader of the Barmy Army )       Says Mike's pic was taken on 29/11/2014  but that must have been when I edited the poor quality pic taken on an old mobile phone.   This would have been during the 2006 Boxing Day test series.     Look at Jimmy's badge Gaynor  !! 

• Some good memories there, Hazel.
    I wish I'd been a Headingly yesterday. I don't do Sky so was listening to the climax on the radio (TMS). It didn't do my blood pressure any good. I couldn't believe how one man pulled off an astonishing victory from a seemingly impossible situation.
  • @ Tony, we are lucky enough to have Sky Sports paid by our landlord as we gave up subscription 3 years ago at our old house so it was a bonus to watch it live as we sat on the edge of our seat watching the final hour ! I never thought they could do it to be honest as it was such a big ask and I would have hated to be in Jack Leach's shoes as the pressure must have been enormous in his roll to keep Stokes on strike. At least this result will make a more interesting match at Old Trafford; I did look for tickets late on but they were around the £200-300 mark so thought of camera gear instead LOL
  • A non sporting memory. When I went to Gambia about 10 years ago we stopped at a place called Kalagi for refreshments en route further upriver. A group of ladies started what seemed a fairly spontaneous dance - although no doubt they may do it for all passing travellers. I shot a fairly amateurish video - I only had a Canon Powershot point and shoot camera in those days. What stuck me was their sense of rhythm. One of our group joined in but I  was not brave enough and stuck to filming. I never did master the double clapping that the ladies did. LOL

Sorry the video is a bit long. Happy days.

• Great clip Tony and certainly not too long at all as it was mesmerising to watch as they put on such a welcome greeting for you all; they sure do have perfect beat and rhythm and seem to be born with a natural gift for their native African dance; no doubt the infant in the clip would inherit the same skills. Who needs a physiotherapist if you can dance like that lol perhaps we should all take it up ! Thanks for your input, this could be an interesting thread so come on folks ……...share your memories !!
  • I'll bump this one up for you, Hazel. I reckon Mike B should have some pretty good adventures to recount.
    I've got another one I could post (nothing special but a small thrill at the time) but I'll wait until others have had a go.
  • Thanks Tony,  it's great to hear special memories and stories which don't fit on to other threads;  look forward to your next story and Mike's adventures if he sees this and cares to share.     It's nice to have a "general" chit chat thread as activity appears to be a lot less than a year ago before the superb changes took place  !  ScreamTired face