ROBIN - for MC :)

Here ya go MC,  pink legged Robin/s   not sure if it is same one or different so will leave that for you to work out;   we did have 4 Robins in the garden the other day but these were taken in two batches so maybe the same bird ...........except for the first pics in the twigs which looks different .  ?   .....

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely set. What was in the tree above the robin in the first three photos? He seems to be displaying to another bird.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Hi MC,  it is one of the fruit trees,  either apple or plum !   can't remember which tree he was in and all the twigs look the same  LOL

sry, just realised I misunderstood your question...............it's a Beech tree just behind the apple

Regards, Hazel 

• Was there another bird nearby that he was displaying to?

• Oh lovely pics! At first I thought MC had BBR's! The first 3 are only young aren't they?

Cheers, Jason

• I didn't see another bird but there are 4 around and I did see three later by the guardian feeder so it was quite possible he was displaying to another Robin but hard to see in this garden with so many leaves on the huge trees ...... some are 100ft high !  and I didn't hear another Robin at that time.

@ Jason, thanks,  I'm not sure about them being youngsters, you'll have to ask my professional Guru    LOL    ..............over to you MC    !!!

Regards, Hazel 

• Jason d said:

Oh lovely pics! At first I thought MC had BBR's! The first 3 are only young aren't they?

No, they are all adults, at least one year old. The male in the first three photos seems to be displaying to another bird higher up in the tree. The second photo particularly seems to suggest this. I'm guessing he would also have been making a squeaking/twittering sound at the same time. The idea is to display as much of the rest breast as possible. Fledglings and juveniles are brown to begin with and gradually change. I'll try to find the link to the 12 months of BR photos so you know what to expect over the next few months.

• Here it is...

http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/chat/f/2542/t/102974.aspx

• More garden robins for Paul;  I've lost count of them but I did count 5 together in the Back garden area  !

Regards, Hazel 

• Nice mixture of adults and juveniles. I see you have resurrected a thread from 2013. I assume that was an honest mistake? lol

Maybe you're just reminding me that you always have dozens of Robins in your garden?

• This is an old thread!!   Cracking photos of loads of Robins though Hazy, you will have your hands full come winter:-)

Lot to learn