Photobombing Fun

Pesky Robins....just because it's almost Christmas they always seem to want to get in on the act when I'm out taking photos.!! Perhaps you could help me identify the original intended targets before the Robins muscled their way into the photos? As always though, it's just for fun, so please feel free to give it a go.  :-)

Parents
  • Ooohh another quiz;   not sure I'm too good at this but I'll give it a go ........  don't laugh !!  

1) Barnacle Goose

2) Robin

3) Red Kite

4) Ringed Plover

5) Gannet

6) Wheatear

7) Gull - no idea ... pink feet  hmmmm   Glaucous !    

8) Sea duck  !     post edit;  just looked at my birds of Britain book ...... it's not a Razorbill is it ?  lol  

9) Oh no, another gull -  ???  will say Black backed

10) Garden Warbler

Hope someone else can ID them 'cos I can't  !  

• Having a go too:-

1.   Duck billed platypus (or a duck of some sort)

2.   Round robin

3.   Buzzard, but then I noted Hazy's Red Kite, much better

4.   Plover (thanks again Hazy)

5.   GB Gull

6.   White chested little bird, my book says could be Wheatear

7.   Fulmar???

8.   More questions

9.   Herring Gull Now that's for sure!!!!!

10.   White throat, well it certainly has one.

Must be bedtime    Tara

• gaynorsl said:
    Time now for answers I would think????                

I'll second that!  You never know, there might actually be a species of bird known as 'God Only Knows'.

• OK, I'll post the answers tonight once I sort them out. :-)

• Once you sort them out?  I sincerely hope that you, at least, know what they all are.

• Glad you haung Paul, I was a bit late spotting this, here's my effort

1. Barnacle Goose

2. Chiffchaff

3. Red kite

4. Ringed Plover

5. Gannet

6. Wheatear

7. Herring Gull

8. Long-tailed Duck

9. Common Gull

10. Pied Flycatcher

Although i must say that there's a Robin in the way of strategic bits!! Thanks for a great quiz Paul!

• Clare Bailey said:

Once you sort them out?  I sincerely hope that you, at least, know what they all are.

I do have a rough idea of what the answers may be. :-)  When I said that I’ve still to sort them out I strongly feel that since you are all such wonderful humans that I do like to present the final images in a visually pleasing manner for you. I’ve still to do this part of it….I’ll settle for nothing but the best for all of you.!!  :-)  

• Paul, what a lovely attitude!  I look forward to seeing the highly entertaining answers suitably laid out.

• I didn’t doubt for a moment that between you, all of the photobombed phantoms would be identified. As is the usual, you all performed admirably in successfully identifying all of the birds with ease. I have to admit to enjoying doing this sort of thing because it also makes me look more closely at the birds by trying to work out which particular features would help to identify each one. The answers are as follows:

1. Barnacle Goose

2. Robin

3. Red Kite

4. Ringed Plover

5. Gannet

6. Wheatear

7. Herring Gull

8. Razorbill

9. Common Gull

10. Garden Warbler

Well done to everyone and many thanks for taking the time to join in; keeps the brain cells ticking over. :-)

I put on my best Red-fronted Jumper with a feather duster on my head and by whistling randomly whilst flapping my arms, I’ve somehow managed to lure all of the photobombing Robins away so that you can now see the original photos of the mystery birds as they should have been. :-)

• I'm happy with 8/10, a great quiz Paul, which teaches us id skills in a fun way.

• Many thanks Paul for organising this fun quiz and going to such efforts including the presentation  !!     I surprised myself  !      goes to show what my ID books can do lol

• Thanks Paul, great fun, look forward to your next quiz.

Reply Children