Contribute to the research of artificial intelligence in the field of bird identification!

Are you interested in birds in nature? Or do you want to contribute to research in the field of machine learning? I am seeking participants for the survey for my project aimed at improving the accuracy and speed of data labeling through the use of human-in-the-loop image classification. Specifically, we are looking for individuals to identify species of birds in a set of images. No background knowledge of birds is necessary, and the survey will take no more than 10 minutes of your time. If you are interested in contributing to my project, please consider taking my survey (click the link below). Your participation would be greatly appreciated and would contribute to the advancement of research in this field!

Link to the survey: https://edinburghinformatics.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6PadLjG3LjBrTRI

• Hi

I just took the so-called test-

Some of the birds in the choices were NOT the bird shown above- but the question said MOST like-

However sometimes MOST like isn't the answer in the field especially with juvenile plumaged Gulls etc.

Check out the primary projection on the 'curlew'- The bill is definitely not a Whimbrel but ticking the other 'curlew' is apparently a wrong answer

RE,MEMBER- Kenn Kaufman was almost certainly CORRECT- 50% of all bird photos on the net are incorrectly identified !
    Remember that good photographers are not necessarily good bird identifiers :))

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• "RE,MEMBER- Kenn Kaufman was almost certainly CORRECT- 50% of all bird photos on the net are incorrectly identified !"

A lot of stock photos that media purchase for publication come from providers of images that don't verify the id's that they are supplied with. Stock images are cheap (for at least one reason). Or should that be mis-marketing?

Or is that me being specially pedantic?

I've had to web-search Ken Kaufman because the name was unfamiliar to me.
  • KK is an interesting guy- though I haven't met him: My friend Jon Dunn thinks we would probably rebound.)

His Kingbird Highway is a great read ( IMHO) if you've travelled the US - and his ID books are usually on the ball

He's an individual :)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box