Jumbled up Jigsaw's #3

Now, I'm not one for taking the Huff easily, but I think I was perhaps way too easy on you with Jigsaw #2 and you all seemed to get the answer without too much trouble. This one may just prove to be a tad more difficult, or maybe not. No clues this time, not even a small one.!! You may have to phone a friend for help this time. Only one piece missing from this particular jigsaw, and I seem to have placed the piece upside down....Ooops.!!

PS: I'm keeping a watchful eye on some of you...you know who you are.!! :-)

• hmmmm,  you're testing us this time !  knowing this cryptic puzzle I bet its not a gull lol   Hint of the head looked more like a Lapwing but the wings definitely don't !  so still working on it .....    

• Certainly looks like wader to me,maybe Ringed Plover.

• Like Hazel I went for Lapwing based on the glimpse of the head and beak, but the wings are built for speed and maneuverability. Need more time with this.

could be a small Wader, some of them come from Kent!

• rofl !!!  been going through my birdy books, re-reading and viewing the zoomed pic - very clever Paul;  now it all makes sense and becomes clear as a bell -  I think !

• Be one of my locals at Pegwell Bay then Terry to go with that very cunning clue that PA said he wasn't imparting???

• Oh dear, I'm beginning to wonder if I've been rumbled?? I think we're possibly only one small step from the answer.!!

• My Tern for a Sandwich with cold turkey and mayo, not really all the turkey has gone?

• Stone me ...just had brainwave & it's not even light yet ... changed direction again!!

• We have a winner folks, very well done to TJ, the bird is indeed a Little Ringed Plover. I had no doubts that between all of you, you would get there in the end.!!

When Hazy said the head looked like a Lapwing and Pete said Ringed Plover, I thought it was all over, we were definitely on the road to a Plover of some type or other. Between all of you, the answer was found. (Even an incorrect answer eliminates something or other, and brings us one step closer to the actual answer).

I do realise that the Jigsaw wasn’t giving you much to go on so I had tried to insert some cunning clues into the puzzle as well, such as;

Paul A said:
    No clues this time, not even a small one.!!

a 'small' one also being a 'Little' one.

Paul A said:
    You may have to phone a friend for help this time.

a telephone 'rings' when called (ringed plover?) (I know, a little too deep as a clue perhaps, but it seemed perfectly plausible at the time. Sorry).!!

and finally;

Paul A said:
    I'm keeping a watchful eye on some of you

As TJ rightly worked out in a later but similar clue, the 'eye' reference was intended to ba a pointer towards the distinct yellow eye ring of the Little Ringed Plover. (I know, another vague clue but is was all I could think of at the time) :-)

With your help I've managed to complete the JIgsaw and have attached the finished article for all to see.

Again, very well done to all of you, and many thanks for joining in and having a bit of fun in solving the puzzle.

A shot of another Little Ringed Plover for a slightly better view . If you haven't seen one before they are cracking wee birds, not much bigger than a House Sparrow.

• Well I came in late on this & started at the beginning & have to admit I thought Golden plover, although it's legs looked a bit short. Thanks for a great brain-teaser Paul!