Map of all the RSPB reserves as they where in 2014.

Here is a map of all RSPB reserves as they where in 2014. Some publicised, some non-publicised 

Regards,

Ian.

• Out of those shown, I think the reserves least visited that I've been to are mostly in Scotland! e.g. Ailsa Craig. I doubt many have been to Chapel Wood in Devon who're members.
  • I've been to eighteen of those on the map. I'll add the Glaslyn ospreys to that, as we first visited in 2012 when they were still being looked after by the RSPB.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• If you look at the RSPB map of just England you will see that in North East England the area that I live is the most sparse area for any RSPB. reserves in England. Up until 2009 there was only Coquet Island itself in North East England that was an RSPB reserve. But of course no landings allowed for RSPB members or the public. Of course Saltholme opened in 2009. And there are a number of small RSPB satellite reserves in Cleveland owned by the RSPB. Hopefully some important news about Saltholme itself within the next 1-4years with hopefully good news as well.The small RSPB satellite reserve only 5-10 minutes walk on the main road outside the entrance to Saltholme. Then you can either walk up the private road called Huntman’s Drive which is owned by all the industries up this private road. Anyone walking up Huntman’s Drive should be aware that there are at timrs large oil tankers going up or out of Huntman’s Drive. No signs outsid on the main road. . RSPB members must alway carry there membership cards when walking or driving up Huntman’s Drive

Regards,

Ian.