Hello... Seeking Cockotiel/small bird owners

Hello!

Apologies my post is not regarding wild birds however I am seeking bird minded people who love birds/have an Aviary/ own small birds etc. I am trying to re-home my lone female Cockotiel and really wBirdant an owner who loves and knows birds and also has other small birds for constant company. I thought this would be a good place to look as lovers of birds. If anyone is or know of any small bird owners who mighBirdt be interested please contact me Bird.

She is a well stimulated little birdie but I wish her to live with other birds or a bustling household.

Thanks guys!

Tracy

• Hi Tracy, try here on Facebook

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hello Tracy,

I think you might need to speak to your local vet, I presume you will have used a vet at some point, even just for a health check on the cockatiel.

If not, then I'm sure a local vet would be able to help, even if obtaining contact details for more appropriate organisations, like the RSPCA, possibly the PDSA (though predominantly more for health related care, more then rehoming). Vets do carry a comprehensive list of organisations to help with many issues relating to animal and bird welfare, wild and domestic.

Here, we tend to monitor wildlife and report any concerns to the appropriate organisation(s) rather than domestic animals or birds.

The info below should help if you cannot find a local vet or other suitable organisation to help with your rehoming quest.

Find your local RSPCA Branch: https://www.rspca.org.uk/whatwedo/yourlocal

Email:                                           supportercare@rspca.org.uk

Phone:                                          0300 123 0346

If you have any concerns clicking on any of the links, you can copy and paste the link text or break down the words from the link as a phrase and insert in your preferred browser as plain text.

• Thank you, yes was just trying to spread the word amongst bird people and contacts as that's the owners I would desire for her.

I actually work in Veterinary and have chatted to my colleagues and vet friends ..it's just about the right owner right time. Also have contact the USPCA to see if they have anyone in mind.
    I will keep looking for her perfect home.

Thank you though.
  • Cardo101 said:
    Thank you, yes was just trying to spread the word amongst bird people and contacts as that's the owners I would desire for her.

I actually work in Veterinary and have chatted to my colleagues and vet friends ..it's just about the right owner right time. Also have contact the USPCA to see if they have anyone in mind.
    I will keep looking for her perfect home.

Thank you though.

You're welcome.

I'm pleased Wendy managed to find a cockatiel society, I did search, but with no success. That just goes to show how biased a search engine can be based on your search history and who you use, which is why I always suggest a local vet.

I used to keep and work border collies, and my local veterinary practice was often very informed, though that was pre-internet days though. If they didn't have the info, they often would search and help where they can.

Sadly they no longer operate from their original base (which is now a home for refugees etc), having been taken over by a large commercial business.

Good luck with your quest, and if you can, please share an update.

• Yes I will do!! I've had a few interests but non to success yet , I would just love someone with one or two more Cocoteils to accompany her and as free flying as possible inside and /or sometimes outside aviary..would be magic!

Yes prob more so in pre Internet days but also today we still try to help where we can with rehoming or connecting..But birds are not so easy even when in the vet loop :/.

Border Collies are lovely dogs!

Cheers and il keep yous updated if and when!