Grass cutting

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place for my question but I'm looking for some advice about what to do about a property factor cutting back vegetation in an area where I know there to be a handful of Ostercatchers nesting. I've complained to the factor about this but have been ignored. Who do I escalate this to, as clearly the birds are being disturbed by the grass cutting/strimming? 

The area in question is in the Highlands.

Thanks

• In the first instance have a word with the local council, then enquire at police station if there is a wildlife officer! Could be useful to speak to Scottish Wildlife Trust and get advice from them
    scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/.../

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• It will depend if your home is owned or rented. Some council houses that are rented do insist on gardens being tidy and neat and if any neighbours complain about another neighbours complaints about another council tenant about untidy gardens the local authority can legally look into complaints about any council owned tennants untidy gardens. Not sure about other rented houses. If you own your own home the local normally cant do anything unless a privately owned house is causing environmental problems or if a privately owned house with a garden is causing problems with a next door council house/garden. That is all I know!

Regards,

Ian.