Help!

Hi, the blue tits in my box fledged yesterday, but there is one left in the box, it is my first year having blue tits and didn't know much about them. I opened the box to see if they had all fledged, i realise now that i shouldn't  have done that. My question is have i scared the blue tit from fledging and will the parents keep feeding it till it does fledge. I am heartbroken everytime i go in the garden and hear it still in there chirping. I feel so responsible. It is making me poorly with anxiety. 

• Hi, you have learned the hard way, not to interfere with a nest/site. Once the babies are ready ro leave the nest, the parents will stop feeding them as much and encourage the to leave by themselves. If you were quick in looking into the box and left it alone afterwards, hopefully the parents are still about and will continue to encourage the last chick to leave. They will be near with the others, in the trees or bushes. Good luck, I hope you have success with the last chick.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hi!

We have had blue tits fledge this morning and the last baby has stayed in our garden calling most of the day - parents are feeding but it does look a bit worrying for it tonight if temps are as low as forecast, it’s already cold out there! I do get emotionally invested when we have blue tits nest, this is the first success in this garden, about 6/7 we think came out successfully but in my previous house the garden was very very large and the babies would fledge without us noticing mostly - it is a lottery and be thankful that most have hopefully gone successfully and I know it’s hard, I get upset too but it is survival of the fittest in nature. I think according to general reports this year we’re doing very well to have successful rearing and fledging, so keep smiling!