Slookey's first post

Hi Everyone - thought I'd sign in for the first time today and say hello with a picture of a Red Kite taken in Salisbury this summer. He flew right overhead as I was out for a walk. I was lucky to catch this shot...

• Welcome to the Forum, Slookey, from the Surrey/Hants border. As you can see, yep, there actually are real people here and it helps to be a bit mad to join in. Luckily, there are also some very experienced folk who are able and willing to answer any questions (while the rest of us are busy learning!)

Kind regards, Ann

• Welcome Slookey, good start with your nice photo, I have not been on here that long but was made to feel welcome from day one. They are a great bunch who are always there for you when you have a question and give you encouragement with the photos you post. I will look forward to seeing your photos that you post.
  • Hey Slookey, tantalisingly good 1st photo...long may they continue :o) (no pressure, we have a "bad photo's" thread for those that aren't so great... we're all on there somewhere lol) Welcome to the forum, from deepest, darkest wet n windy Dorset
  • slookey said:
    Thanks, Linda - I had to read that several times before I understood your accent... (bloody Southerner's!) ;-) Thankfully I had a head start as I used to work in South Queensferry! :-)

I have a few photos to share as and when I can drag them out! :-) This was a test to see if anyone was really here :-D

Thanks for the welcome!
    I'm looking forward to getting involved a bit more...

Welcome from someone who's a lot further south, near Birmingham for my sins, but prefers to be more north, (when the opportunities arise)

Its the broad Glaswegian accents that often catch me out....