Slookey's first post

Hi Everyone - thought I'd sign in for the first time today and say hello with a picture of a Red Kite taken in Salisbury this summer. He flew right overhead as I was out for a walk. I was lucky to catch this shot...

• Welcome to the forum Slookey and what a fabulous shot to start off with...look forward to many more!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks, Linda - I had to read that several times before I understood your accent... (bloody Southerner's!) ;-) Thankfully I had a head start as I used to work in South Queensferry! :-)

I have a few photos to share as and when I can drag them out! :-) This was a test to see if anyone was really here :-D

Thanks for the welcome!
    I'm looking forward to getting involved a bit more...
  • In reply to slookey:

Haha...oh there are lots of us here, no need tae worry about that! ...

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Great pic & good to see you have the right sense of humour to join in well ... welcome!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks... I will keep my humour in check! :-)
  • Lovely photo. Sadly, they still don't venture out much in the NW so I don't see them much.

Nige   Flickr

• Welcome Slookey, we like people with a sense of humour.

Glad to see Red Kites are in Wiltshire - awesome birds. I live in the Thames Valley east of Reading and they fly over my house all the time. In fact I've got one that perches on top of a neighbour's tall conifer pretty much every day often calling loudly. He's after scraps of course.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to Nigel O:

Thanks... there are a few people around this next of the woods wanting to be rid of them... their very successful reintroduction has resulted in the occasional missing pet rabbit or kitten! I think they are magnificent, nevertheless!
  • In reply to TeeJay:

Great shot! Such balance. I fall off the floor sometimes! :-)
  • Hi Slookey welcome from up in Caithness at the very top of Scotland. What a fab photo to start your introduction with. You need to have a sense of humour to be amongs us lot, it will help!! There are plenty of folks who post pictures and start threads, although you will find that things may quieten now, as some will not post as much or not at all until the nesting season starts again next year, particularly our Osprey friends. Hope you enjoy here, always someone at hand to answer questions and offer advice, look forward to seeing more from you.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.