Hi, just joined to show you guys this

Black and white crow

• Get back on your meds you nutter Laughing

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks Hazel, I’m a bit of a secret twitcher at heart, I have a tiny wren that visits my garden and she is soo beautiful, and surely I’m not the only one who can’t resist our resident blackbird who sings beautifully, she actually sounds like R2D2 from Star Wars. Thanks for the lovely welcome from all you lovely bird folk xx
  • Dear gardenbirder

Time and time waits for no man! I have no choice but to hangeth an albatross from your learnless neck
  • Welcome Roy from up in Catithness, at the very top of Scotland. As you have probably established by now, we are a very friendly but quite mad lot, some more that others, no names mentioned!! Look forward to further posts.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Ah, PB, I had a feeling that you'd be up to the challenge!

Kind regards, Ann

• Roy, Everyone is welcome, secret or not-so-secret twitchers and non-twitchers alike. Surprisingly, for me at least, there are very few truly fanatic twitchers on the Forum (either that or they haven't fessed up yet!), although a few occasionally seemingly or partly retired ones are here now and then. I'm particularly grateful for them because they will willingly identify any bird that more novice birders cannot. I presumed before joining in that I'd be the only non-twitcher, but not so. I love seeing a rarity, but am also content with the usual garden birds. I'd have no way of chasing any rarity anyway, although we have managed to see a few by accident when they were at a reserve which we happened to be visiting--two examples are Black-Winged Stilt at Pulborough Brooks when they were still very rare here and Glossy Ibis at Frampton Marsh when they were very new to the UK. I am always happy to see everyone's photos--rarities and the more common birds alike and looking forward to more from you.

Kind regards, Ann

• Hey Ann

There is a place where I walk my gorgeous dog Clara, and there is a roped off no go area protecting some beloved larks which spend much time on the dunes, I can’t believe I’m on a forum excited about bird banta ! I will send lots of pics over the coming weeks to please you lot (not myself you understand) any maybe do some feathery chat! This is purely to please you bird geeks and not myself, ahem.... good day Heart eyes
  • Dearest catlady

Northern jock person, my mother’s maiden name is McIntyre..... are we related? x
  • Aye, I ken her weel Roy! (All us Scots don't really speak like this, we are very refined up here in Caithness)! Joking side, No, McIntyre is not in my family and not really a Caithness name.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.