Raven attacking me

• Hello Saximania, what a lovely read. Glad that in the end the bird is wanting to be friends with you and your dog and not attack you both. You will have to save your pennies to keep up a stock of Hobnobs or Digestives, as suggested, to feed Ricky.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Certainly a raven. Bit sinister as to how it ended up being reared by hand and ever since.....
  • Great story, Saxamania, and it is good to hear that the Raven simply wants to be friends. Looking forward to your next encounter with the Raven. Also, your dog is beautiful--thanks for the video link.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• So I've been going to the field with a pocket full of hobnobs and we've made friends. When we get there he swoops over and plays with the dog and then wants a biscuit. He was a bit intense today and kept following me, taking a bit of biscuit to bury in the grass and then coming back for more. He also tried to land on me a few times but I'm not brave enough to let him yet.

My only concern is what if I run out of biscuits? If I ignore him he caws and keeps flying in front of me.

After some googling I'm going to buy some monkey nuts, apparently they like to open the shells and work for their food. I'd rather give him something healthy than an abundance of hobnobs.

Thank you for everyone that responded and gave me the courage to stand my ground, I can now walk my dog in relative peace (as long as I have hobnobs).
  • Well done Saxamania

Thanks for updating, 'damned if you do, damned if you dont' scenario.....CHOL:):)

Always amazes me how quickly, wildlife soon adapt and ( like our feline friends) soon tell us who is Boss CHOL:):)

Am sure others will have some tips to help.

• Well done Saxamania. You now have a new friend, all be it a bit of a pest now! Hopefully the Monkey Nuts will work as you can carry many of those in your pocket and a bit more nutritional!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.