Thrush ID

Please can someone tell me if this is a Song Thrush? We have Redwings and Fieldfares in the garden last couple of days and today this beauty posing for us.

Maureen Coath

• You forgot the photo Moco

Look for the insert option.

My Flickr photos

• Hi Moco,  lovely photo,  I would say, yes it is a Song Thrush so well spotted, they are lovely birds.

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• So today I have now had Song Thrush, Redwing and Fieldfare in the garden, all on the same tree.

Maureen Coath

• In reply to Moco:

How fabulous to have the Fieldfare and Redwing too,  looks like there are lots of juicy berries for the thrushes.

Regards, Hazel 

My Flickr. photo  link HERE 

• Lovely hope you see and hear it smashing his snails 

HERE is list of thrushes from this site,( As link is feint here in full

www.rspb.org.uk/.../

• I'll let someone more expert verify your probably song thrust, but I noticed you'd mentioned redwings so wanted to tell someone that I saw one today! It's the first one I've seen (in Beaconsfield, on a mud path close to a main road). It was unmistakable. I didn't have anything to photo it, but it sat and looked at me for long enough for me to notice all its features, and I checked in my bird books when I got back. I don't know how common it is this far south, but I'll be looking out for it . . . 

• In reply to BucksBird:

Hi BucksBird welcome to the community.

I should think you stand a chance of seeing Redwings and Fieldfares all over the country as winter progresses as they move around feeding on Berries etc.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to BucksBird:

I live in Chard in Somerset and we only see the Redwings and Fieldfares in the garden when it is really cold. They have come for 3 or 4 years now but I still get excited to see them.

Maureen Coath