Buying Bins - local info on WHERE TO BUY

Hi-

how about a list of stockists? I notice we get  a lot of queries

Midlands -  Focus Optics have never let me down

East Anglia - Cley Spy have done me proud and so has Richard Campeys One Stop Nature Shop 

Scotland-  Grahams of Inverness are an Outdoor ( hunting and shooting as well) supplier but they carry top end Bins apparently

Wales - NatureQuest  have a prominent presence online.

North West-  Focal Point in Cheshire - seem to have been around for ever 

any others?

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Viking Optical (HERE) on Rose Street in Edinburgh. 10 minute walk from Waverly Station, or 5 minutes from the Tram stops on Princes Street.
    Good selection of Binos and Scopes, entry level to high end. They'll let you try them out on the street and offer genuine honest advice for your chosen budget.

They also did online price matching when I bought my Binos. :-)
    Highly recommended.

My bird photos HERE

• Bigger RSPB reserves - Minsmere obviously, Titchwell - I think Rainham Marshes and Bempton also sell optics. I know most about Minsmsre as you'd expect & they do a good range for all budgets

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Thanks guys :)

Just remember that RSPB shops don't do trade in- ***

S

*** I am an inveterate trader-inner:

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• In Focus. Present (or were) at at least two of the WWT reserves.

And generally, anywhere you can trial in the field (as you can at In Focus). Getting a feel for one pair I own by watching a distant Peregrine on a fence post was an entirely different experience to getting a feel for another, by watching a pigeon on top of Liverpool's main bridewell. Even if the pigeon was a cutey...
  • I have used Ace optics https://www.aceoptics.co.uk/ a few times & they were really, really helpful when I had a faulty Sigma lens which was involved in a recall. They do 2nd hand too.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France