Bird-cam - can I connect it to my laptop instead of my old TV?

Dear all, My first post on the forum. I have a bird-cam in a nesting box which I used to connect to an old portable TV. The TV has since died and I would like to connect the bird-cam directly to my laptop. The birdcam is apparently an analog CCTV camera, and has two or three AV leads (the ones coded red, white and yellow). There are physical adaptors out there like this one - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Usb-2-0-Power-Cable-VHS-to-DVD-3-Phono-RCA-Gold-U-Video-AV-RW-Capture-Adapter-UK-/160995378518? - but does anyone know if I would need software as well, and if so what? Many thanks, Ian
  • For that price I would give it a go Ian, the spec says it would and it come with a disk so this might have the capture program on it as well as the drivers, whats thee specs of your laptop?

EDIT

And welcome to the forum Ian.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Hi Ian, Search for VideoMate C200 Pro USB Audio/Video Capture Stick on amazon it comes with all the software

It looks very similar to the one in your link £21.98
    Compro VideoMate C200 Pro capture stick is an USB 2.0 analog video/audio input device that can capture and directly convert analog video/audio from your DV camcorder, V8, VHS tapes, DVD recorder, VCD Players, and camera to digital formats. Easily plugs into USB port on PC or laptop, the Compro VideoMate C200 Pro imports your TV recordings, home video recordings, favourite videotapes and any other video/audio collections into your hard disk. For creating your own movie and DVD titles, VideoMate C200 Pro is bundled with the powerful video editing and DVD authoring software, the CyberLink PowerDirector 9 DE. The popular CyberLink PowerDirector 9 DE provides an easy-to-use and friendly video editing interface. The special Magic Movie Wizard feature can take all of your media and create a dazzling movie production in just a few steps. The created production can then be edited and refined in the workspace, outputted to a file or burned to disc. Also, the CyberLink PowerDirector 9 DE provides a number of magic editing tools like Magic Clean, Magic Fix, Magic Cut, Magic Motion and Magic Style, to enhance photos and videos in the professional quality. With the Plug & Play USB interface Compro VideoMate C200 Pro capture stick and bundled CyberLink PowerDirector 9 DE software, it’s fun and easy to create your own movies, share with friend and keep your happy memories forever.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Hi Ian. I have the same situation, analog CCTV bird-cam and old TV broken. I want to connect the 3 AV leads on the bird-cam to a NEW smart TV and it doesn't seem to have the connections. If I buy the adaptor you describe would it work without software? as the Smart TV isn't a computer. Elaine