Organisation

Apologies if I'm speaking out of turn as I have only joined the forum today.

Doesn't the forum need better organisation?

As and RSPB forum the emphasis is going to be on birds but how about splitting "Wildlife" to sub-fora of, for example, Mammals, Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians, Artropods (with further subdivisions), Plants etc?

Dave

• I think it depends on how far you'd split it down.  Mammals, birds and plants are easy - but I'd probably get in a muddle over whether something was a reptile or an amphibian.  I'm not sure what an artropod is - sorry!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I know where you are coming from, but really think the site is complicated enough. Lots of people still get confused as to where posts should go, and little wonder

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Isn't this site predominantly for birds, note the name RSPB.

Why make it more complicated than that?

• Congratulations on finding the correct forum to make this post. Most people are completely flummoxed by its sheer complexity. For that reason I tend to agree with the others. Further sub-divisions would only make it even more complicated.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream