This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

A question for all forum users about the home page

Just recently we have been contacted by a few members of the forum who have been having issues with the home page and we have also noted a few threads and comments on the same topic. The main concerns are that interesting topics may get buried and questions may go unanswered. As we cannot make any technical changes to the forum, we wanted to run a suggestion by you to see what you think about an idea that may help to improve things.

On the home page you will notice that we can make certain threads sticky. What we are proposing is that the moderators during their daily patrols around the forums select interesting threads from around the site and make them sticky for a day to allow ease of viewing. We would welcome your feedback on this idea.

Best wishes

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Morning all, thank you for your comments on this over the weekend. Firstly, an apology. I've read through all the posts and it appears as if I may have offended the LG followers by not linking this thread in your group. Ultimately I posted it on the home page and made it sticky so that it was visible to everyone but in hindsight it may have been sensible to have drawn attention to it in the LG group given that most of you naviagte directly to your group.

We do encourage debate on the forum and it has been interesting to read all of your comments, thank you for your suggestions and for keeping it civil. From a moderators point of view on balance, leaving the situation as it is, given the constraints that I have already explained, is the preferred option. I will chase up the option of increasing the number of latest posts on the main home page as this should benefit all users.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Thank you Ian.  I agree, increasing the number of spaces will help.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Right, we are going to try removing the Activity widget from the main home page and expand the latest post box from 15 to 25. This should take effect at some point today. Please have a try with the new layout and see if it makes life any easier.

I'll lock this thread now as hopefully this is a conclusion that works for most of you! Thanks again for your input.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.