Stars - I am curious

Hello

Please can someone tell me what are the "stars" for ( they are under the date and time of a message posting)?

Thanks

Squirrel

The necessity of bird-watching is a really good reason for avoiding all forms of housework.

The dust will still be there tomorrow - the birds may not be!

• Hi Squirrel

The stars under your date/time are there so people can place a positive vote on your posting.   It simply tells you if others like what you have typed up, and added to the input of the thread.  Just try to play with the stars, and see what they do. 

I have pressed your 'stars' and one has become 'Yellow' at the moment.

Personally,  I think it is better to use them at the start of a thread, so it shows that the thread is popular or interesting to other members.

Everyone has their own views how they want to use 'stars'  though.

Regards

Kathy and Dave

Squirrel B said:

Hello

Please can someone tell me what are the "stars" for ( they are under the date and time of a message posting)?

Thanks

Squirrel

• Thanks for that, Kathy. I have known them (on other forums) to relate to the number of posts but that clearly wasn't the case here as I spotted someone who had posted well into the hundreds but had no stars!

Squirrel

The necessity of bird-watching is a really good reason for avoiding all forms of housework.

The dust will still be there tomorrow - the birds may not be!

• *embarrassed cough* I hadn't even noticed the stars - well spotted Squirrel!

Make the boy interested in natural history if you can; it is better than games [Robert Falcon Scott]

• I did notice them- but decided that everyone else was probably as uncertain as I was as to their purpose, so ignore them mainly. They do seem to apply to photos in the galleries, too.