Working Out Who's Local

This might be a really stupid question or suggestion, and it's possible I just haven't read the right bit of blurb, but...

Is there any way of seeing which members of the community live near you (other than reading everybody's profile one by one)?

I don't know whether there'd be any mileage in having regional or county forums; for instance, you might want to say "am I the only person in Britain not to have seen waxwings in the garden?" (or whatever!) and a regional or county forum might be a good place to ask the question.

If not, what about some kind of search facility?  It would be good to be able to connect with people who are in the same sort of area.  Where I live, there's no local RSPB group (or any other kind of birdwatching group that I can find), so it would be nice to have a "virtual" one, or at least to know you're not the only person in your town who's interested in birds.  In some places, they might even be able to organise an informal walk or something.

Just a thought - what do other people think?

BB

PS I'm not a stalker, promise!

• It is nice to know which areas people live in BB and i live close to Durham.Unfortunately,  at the moment you have to look at peoples profiles and not everyone states where they are from or as suggested click on whos online and sometimes it says there. :0)

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• Hi BB

Badgerbread said:
    PS I'm not a stalker, promise!

I'm sure you're not LOL.

As Sheena says, the only way to find out whereabouts in the Country members live is to look on their profile page. However, lots of people don't say anything about themselves on their profile page, so it isn't going to be easy to find others local to you.

Best wishes Chris

Click Here to see my photos