More RSPB webcams – but where are they on the RSPB website?

I’ve been looking at the website of Carnyx Wild, who support a number of the RSPB’s webcams. (I am a Loch Garten Ospreys follower, and tend to watch the cam on the Carnyx Wild site rather than the RSPB site, as the window is bigger).

I see that the Carnyx Wild menu lists a number of other interesting RSPB-supported webcams, most of which are now live, but I cannot find any trace of them on the RSPB website.

South Stack Choughs, London Peregrines and New Forest Goshawk cams are all live, and I understand Chichester Peregrines is due to go live shortly, but they don’t currently appear in the menu of RSPB webcams. (Blashford Lakes can be disregarded, as it’s a Wildlife Trust cam).  

It seems a pity, for the RSPB to be funding these cameras, but then not publicising them – at least, not as far as I can tell. Am I missing something obvious?

• Now another one - Kestrels at Aston University.

In this case, the webcam is on Aston's own website, and appears as a window in the Date with Nature page for this event.

However, someone coming to the RSPB site and looking for webcams, would be lucky if they stumbled across it. 

• Unknown said:
    I’ve been looking at the website of Carnyx Wild, who support a number of the RSPB’s webcams. (I am a Loch Garten Ospreys follower, and tend to watch the cam on the Carnyx Wild site rather than the RSPB site, as the window is bigger).

Hi SueC,

I had never heard of the Carnyx Wild site before and clicked onto the link you provided.

Unfortunately my Mac does not support Silverlight, which is a shame because a bigger window for watching the osprey cam would be good.

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" - Wlliam Blake