new replies link/email replies to this post

sorry... I feel as though I have been about two minutes and am already bombarding with suggestions... I might as well do it while I think about it though.

one thing I am finding is that I am getting buried in email responses... I keep forgetting to turn them off when I post! (silly me!)

is it possible to have a global preference under 'my profile' to turn off email responses to all threads and only have them turned on when you choose? 

on most other forums that I use regularly there is usually a 'new replies' link which I set as my standard entry page for that site... enables me to catch up on threads I am partaking in at a glance.. once you have read that thread and returned to the 'new replies' page that thread will not show and your latest replies which have had responses and have not read will show..

loving this site btw... everyone is very friendly and the knowledge is top notch! :)

• kerry g said:

is it possible to have a global preference under 'my profile' to turn off email responses to all threads and only have them turned on when you choose? 

There is already that option on your profile page Guy - click on edit and you will find it. Then all you have to do is remember to ask for emails of replies you are interested in - link on the actual thread.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Susan H said:

There is already that option on your profile page Guy - click on edit and you will find it. Then all you have to do is remember to ask for emails of replies you are interested in - link on the actual thread.

[/quote]

well don't I just feel stoopid now!! :embarrassed: 

thank you for letting me know... my inbox can breathe a sigh of relief now and my better half can stop thinking that I am having an affair! 

suggestion for link to 'new replies' page still stands... unless of course I have completely missed this too!