Edited Posts

Anonymous
Anonymous

Hello there Mod type people,

I have noticed that on the threads that I choose to have replies emailed to me, if some one edits their post, it also sends the edited versions as well as the original versions!

I guess I should apologise in advance to folks who do the same and have emails sent to them in respect of the threads they are interested in, as the amount of typos I make and edit could cause a wee tad of a flood hee hee.

Toodle oo

• I also have emails sent to me, but I only ever get the originals, never the edited versions. Some are very interesting when compared to the edited version!

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

•  

Hi-

X-files Birding ; - could be a word of caution here-  watch out what you send, then edit- the originals are out there :)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 06/01/2011 02:33 in reply to Sparrow

Susan H said:

I also have emails sent to me, but I only ever get the originals, never the edited versions. Some are very interesting when compared to the edited version!

Yep that they are Sparrow lol

• Have mine disabled Rhona. You can have too much of a good thing

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Glued to the Bears, but just wanted to say...

I edit loads, but because I'm a complete saddo I go back in to change tiny details like changing a small letter to a capital one or to change a spelling mistake. Eats shoots and leaves!!!

Pipit

• Great book that Pipit. lol

I love dialects coming across in peoples spellings though.

I too have disabled emails as i get enough already and there were just too many.

Sarah

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bramble67/

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 06/01/2011 03:48 in reply to bramble67

bramble67 said:

Great book that Pipit. lol

Sarah

One of my favourite books too Sarah. LOL.

(I just edited this cos I forgot to 'click to include in my reply')

Tee hee

• Hi all

Limited options with our system i'm afraid, you can tick the box to receive all notifications or un-tick it so you don't get any! I know some of my colleagues write posts in word or notepad first so they get the benefit of a spellcheck before cutting and pasting into the forum box.

Just a note, you may notice that some comments have been removed or edited in this thread in order to keep it on topic.

Best wishes

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 07/01/2011 01:33 in reply to IanH

Ian H said:

Hi all

Limited options with our system i'm afraid, you can tick the box to receive all notifications or un-tick it so you don't get any! I know some of my colleagues write posts in word or notepad first so they get the benefit of a spellcheck before cutting and pasting into the forum box.

Just a note, you may notice that some comments have been removed or edited in this thread in order to keep it on topic.

Best wishes

Thanks for the reply Ian