How to Deal With a Strange Friend Request

Hi All,

I can simply refuse the request, I know - but is there a problem on the forum?  I have received a friend request from a subscriber to whose posts I have never replied nor has he/she  ever responded to any of my posts - at least to my knowledge.

Claire

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom" - Wlliam Blake

• Hi Claire

I had one of those once. I don't think it's an IT issue.

JBNTS 

Every day a little more irate about bird of prey persecution, and I have a cat - Got a problem with that?

•  

Hi-

anyone can apply to be your friend on here. Being a friend doesnt really give any extra advantages on here; there is no private msg facility, it's just a list of buddies really.

:)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Hi Claire

Anyone can request a "friend" even if you have never exchanged any communication. If in doubt reject and think no more of it and always check the profile of the request.

Have a Happy Christmas

Judi

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• JB, S, JM

Thanks for your replies.  After looking at the profile in question, I have rejected the request but feel a bit unhappy - and uneasy - about that.

Regards,   Claire

• Don't worry about it - it's all up to you and I'm sure that the person won't be offended by that. It really doesn't really change anything if you are friends with other people or not, and put it this way - having a friend request sent to you can indicate that you are such a nice person that even a 'stranger' to you wants to be your friend!

'Dip a dee dah, dip a dee ay, we're not seeing any birds to-day...'

• Hi Tern,

I'm not really worried about offense etc - I'm worried about the subscriber's state of mind - who he/she targets - why the persistence and the need to try to control responses.

C

• If it carries on you can always hit the report abuse button. Is there a way to block the person on here?

Sue

• ClaireM said:

JB, S, JM

Thanks for your replies.  After looking at the profile in question, I have rejected the request but feel a bit unhappy - and uneasy - about that.

Regards,   Claire

Hi Claire,

I can understand where you are coming from as regards this, but I really wouldn't worry yourself about it too much. You have had some sound advice from others. At the end of the day, you are under absolutely no pressure to be accept anyone's friend request. I have had requests made on my facebook page, if I don't know the person, then I decline the offer.

Happy Christmas,

Claire

• ClaireM said:

Hi Tern,

I'm not really worried about offense etc - I'm worried about the subscriber's state of mind - who he/she targets - why the persistence and the need to try to control responses.

C

Sure it is all really good advice Claire and best to put it to the back of your mind and let it go.You have the choice and you have done nothing wrong.