Private Messages

Hi, 

still playing to the fact that I am a newbie on all the forums.  was wondering if the forums allow the use of private messages between subscribers, i've looked around but i suspect that I am missing something.

Apologies if this question has been asked before, i searched and could not find any answers.

in anticipation,

Mark

• Anonymous
    Anonymous 08/11/2010 21:35 in reply to osprey

Hi there

I think that having having private messages on this Forum will spoil it.  I have found in real life that wildlife people are the most genuine people you can meet - they are truthful people who are kind and caring to wildlife and people alike.

Being honest and straight with people is a good thing.  If someone is solely on the RSPB forum, and never meets any people they are not always the people they say they are - not so good.  I have said this three times or more now on here alone, and as I love my birds I plan to stay on this Forum as it is now.

The RSPB Forum is fine at it is, and as a subscriber to other wildlife Forums I know that the Private Message facility can be abused by people who have an alternative agenda.

So this is my fourth rejection to a current well balanced forum that does not need to be secretative at all with any Private Message facility at all.  Why fix something that is not broke

Regards

Kathy and Dave