Life is rather too short...

I can't help thinking that the site manager has a server capacity problem to address. Looking at and responding to posts sometimes reminds me of dial-up days. Too often the site responds at plate tectonic speeds.

I've now resorted  to selecting and copying any "considered" responses I spend time on just before posting them. Hitting the "post" button then having the server timeout on you before the response appears is a real pain in the bottom! 

Every day a little more irate about bird of prey persecution, and I have a cat - Got a problem with that?

• Hi JBetc

I always find my response is posted right away.

Andy

Seriously thinking about trying harder!

• Hi John

I fully understand what you mean here with losing valuable information.

Yes, good idea, that is what I do as some of the posts are long and quite complex - lots of thinking going on.

All that time typing the information on a post only to have lost it with the post button is very annoying at times - I think it is the time out button that causes that - too long without being posted causes that for some reason.

I copy the text I have typed as a chunk, then post it.   If the forum kicks me out into the error message mode, I re-post the same information once more.

I also found if I make spelling errors (due to the fact I have a cataract in one of my eyes) - so my sight is very different in both eyes as it is lopsided to use the letter in the keyboard - the red line does not appear under the word until I edit the text I have already posted - so my mistakes remain/show until I fix them.

So that is a little frustrating at times.

Regards

Kathy and Dave

• I know what you mean John, i have  the same problems sometimes.I think there was a mention that a new host is being provided in September and hope that will make a difference.Sometimes, i cant even get into the site.

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• Touch wood and all that, but no problems for me at the moment.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Tis funny ,i have just changed laptops.I am now using my Toshiba Vista as opposed  to my newer model, Del .Widows 7 and things appear to have speeded up 10 fold.I never use this laptop as it is bogged down with so much stuff.

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• Using Google Chrome now and have to say it's much better although this site does still go slow sometimes! No wonder I'm 1,715 unread posts behind! Gulp! Roll on September! :-)

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr