Very rarely see mods online.

I now very rarely see any of the known moderators online among the list of members online. I'm very concerned just in case i want to report a post if none of the modirators are readily available or even rarely available in case of spam or abusive posts that myself or anyone else wants to report. I hope i'm wrong about this. But i am a little worried.

Regards,

Ian.

• I'm not sure there's much cause for concern.  The last time anything kicked off I remember the offending posts were removed fairly promptly.  There's clearly a system in place which reacts to flagged posts regardless of whether the Mods are actually online.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Anyone can read posts without being signed in so there is no way of knowing whether a moderator or anyone else is reading posts or not.  They only need sign in if they wish to post something.  I accidentally hit 'mark as spam' when I was attempting to click on 'like' on a post some time ago.  I quickly posted an apology and explained the problem and a moderator then posted a thanks for the explanation.  'Big Brother is watching' (probably, and just as well!)

Kind regards, Ann