This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Relentless troll on the osprey threads

A number of posters will be aware that we have a relentlessly recurring troll on the osprey threads - to get an idea of his charm check out his profile with his most recent comments here.  Each time he appears a number of us are quick to thump the 'Abuse' button and warn the Moderators, but what I would like to know is what the long term plan is to deal with him as he is clearly going to continue doing this.  I would also like to know if any sanctions will be applied to those posters (a minority) who have a long and less than proud history of making him welcome as seeing this sort of thing is at least as disheartening as seeing the troll return.

All respectable answers gratefully received!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I should mention that all his posts have now been wiped so there's no point in looking at his profile!!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Please can I ask all reports/feedback of disruptive posts or those relating to those individuals who have been banned from the site to be reported to the moderating team and not posted on the site - wildlife@rspb.org.uk This post will be locked for this reason.