batteries

I was having problems with my night cam, the video lenght kept shotening. I was using what I though were best batteries, so I contacted Ron Bury the camera inventor. His reply may be of interest to someone.

You don't say which batteries you are using but I suspect it may be Duracell. This brand has a high internal resistance compared with most other brands.,as a result when high current is being drawn the battery voltage drop is significantly more than a battery with a lower internal resistance. When the camera detects that larger voltage drop it will try to conserve power by shortening the video length.Makes a nonsense of Durcell advertising claims doesn't it.For general purposes Alkaline batteries probably the best value for money is Maplins extralonglife.

isn't wild wonderful

• Many thanks for posting that info Min ... prompted me to open up my trail cam which has two compartments of four in each & can be used with just four & what do I find?   Packed to the gunnels with Duracell batteries & four of them had leaked - not been in there that long!!  So I have removed all & will have to clean up before repacking with Alkaline batteries as suggested!

Edit:  Mine was taking pics but no vids even though settings were correct!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi Wendy, glad to be a bit of use to you. I started with using four batteries, but I now use both compartments and use eight. Last night badger lumbered past-knocked camera off stand-it is OK though-rest of last nights video was sky!!

isn't wild wonderful

• What a shame Min, a Magpie did that to mine!  Did you get any usable footage?  OH just in from work so I shall use my wiles to get him sorting out cam!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr