MrsT - Can I suggest a bit of a tidy up

The Home page is getting rather cluttered with seven stickies or announcements.

Presumably we don't need the "Communities Downtime" thread anymore or do we?

The Paddy's Pond thread has been there since September and in that time has had one !like". Why is it there? I suggest it's removed.

How about merging the "Etiquette" thread and the "Terms and Conditions" threads into one thread suitably re titled.

I'm not sure whether the Forum Map  which I did several years ago is still relevant or up to date. I have no means of updating it. Do you have any way of monitoring how often its accessed to assess its usefulness. 

For those of us that access the Forum mainly though the Home page less clutter and more live threads displayed would be very helpful.

While I'm on a bit of a roll there's one further point. I've noticed that many people continue to "attach" photos rather than embed them in posts. There are two disadvantages to this:

1. Users have to open the link to see them
  2. And more importantly, you can only attach one photo per post  

I can only conclude that people are not reading the "How To" thread. What about making the title of the thread a bit more eye catching along the lines of :- How To : Post Photos, Videos , Create Links and other tips and tricks.

Other people may have different views I just want the Forum to run more smoothly.I leave it to your good judgement what to do. 

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• By the way, Claire, what did you guys do?  I can see my whole Friends list in its entirety for the first time in ages!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks from me too Mrs. T,   it looks much better :)

as TJ says, the Content Editor  (under settings/advanced tab) needs to have the Enhanced showing ..... and may I suggest that anyone using Internet Explorer having trouble may need to add this site to the compatibility list by clicking the Tools tab on the browser bar, then choose Compatibility View Settings and where it says "add this website"    enter   http://www.rspb.org.uk/  and click add.    

Thanks again for the tidy up, much appreciated.    

Regards, Hazel 

• No Facebook thanks, do not have and do not want to have one. The community forum suits me just fine.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hi

after reading these posts I checked- my Recent Activity loads waaay faster than it has in months :)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Certainly a big improvement in the speed on my computer when I look up things like profile and recent activity.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• The same goes for me.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.