Photos won't upload

Maybe I've missed something having been away in West Wales for a couple of days but now whenever I try to post a photo in says 'uploaded' but it also says 'an error occurred' and in fact the photo hasn't uploaded. I also noticed that 'Bob'sRetiredNow' said that he was unable to upload his photos. Since the update last year I have learned to prep my photos by halving their file size to get them to load and although it sometimes needs work-arounds to load multiple images it has worked eventually. Now I've cleaned the caches and tried two different browsers to no avail. Can you tell me what's wrong? Thanks.

• Thanks Bob, glad it's not just me but very disappointed and frustrated with the system. Remember the good old days before the 'upgrade' to paraphrase Apple 'it just worked' no hassle, no fuss. Whatever they were charging for that old system it was worth it, I'd rather some of my sub went to helping members to connect than the flashy, 'Giving Nature a Home' corporate re-branding that seemed to coincide with the start of the problems! As you know upload issues have ruined my local Newport Wetlands forum, it used to be a thriving little community with several daily posts now there are only a couple of regulars trying to keep it alive. Unfortunately although I created a Flickr account I've never actually used it but I suppose if they take too long over mending this I'll have to go with that - thanks for the tip and taking the time to reply!

• Oh and of course it's the commentary between your images that tells the story and it's an essential part of your posts that we look forward to :)