This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Technical issues: Are any fundamental things still not working?

This thread is for things on the community that don't work. This does not include formatting, so if there are issues with the lay out, colours or fonts please see our 'Requests for new features' thread.   

• I am sorry that I did not respond to your posts last night, but at 2146 I was ready to go to bed after a very busy day at work. As has already been explained, we have very limited out of hours cover for which I can only apologise, but we need time out too! I have been involved in answering phone calls, writing magazine articles and answering emails this morning, so you must forgive me for not getting to this thread beforehand. There have also been lots of threads to read through this morning. I will forward this thread link to the web team, but i am sure they will have had a notification of any new posts.

Claire

• Thanks Bob glad you are still here and posting will catch up with by pm just a little bit on the down at the moment.

Mrs T  as always many thanks for coming back to us.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Limpy, will pm you.

• Bob,

I was the moderator on duty yesterday and I have already explained my actions/workload.  Both mods and techies alike get notifications of when posts are added to threads so there is NO need for this thread to be made sticky. I do not feel that I or any of the other moderators or indeed the web team have had a burden placed upon us by 'senior management'. How the moderate site is moderated is at the discretion of the moderators. Even though I am not on moderating duty today, I will forward this thread to the web team for their feedback. I can add nothing more.

• Posting is extremely slow or does not happen. 

• It takes a ridiculous amount of time just to get my profile page up.  To be honest, I've more or less given up on saying anything about it at all.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I have joined the ranks of so many people on this community whose friends' lists appear as gobbledygook!  If I want to PM someone, I either have to catch them in a current post or look up their profile & it does take some time to switch from one post to another & it increasingly doesn't happen at all ... this is when I click it all away & start over ... irritating!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• It really frustrates me how long the pages take to appear. Sometimes quite quickly and other times ages. Also on a number of occasions when I've tried to post on a subject it just won't download to appear on a thread. I've had to start typing out the post a second time for it to appear. Also like other posters have reported my list of friends from time to time are all jumbled up with their names and all the letters from their name all mixed up. It just seems now such a very long time since all these problems started and yet nothing seems to be being done about it.

Regards,

Ian.

• Notification acting up for me over past two days, something like ... 6 notes, watch one, 3 left, watch another, already seen that, 1 left, that's ok, but others disappeared without trace!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks all, web team aware.