This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Technical issues: Are any fundamental things still not working?

This thread is for things on the community that don't work. This does not include formatting, so if there are issues with the lay out, colours or fonts please see our 'Requests for new features' thread.   

• Clare also asked about the (for now shelved) multi image posting - your last post said that it would continue to be worked on.  We are still interested if any headway has been made - neither of us will be angry if there has been no real progress, we just want to know where the Community is at with this

STILL NO REPLY FROM RSPB.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Hi, No progress has been made on this. As was stated originally, this was a feature request and never in the original intended upgrade. Big Garden Birdwatch and a number of other things have prevented us from doing any further work to get this live.

Apologies for the delay in responding, we're gearing up for Big Garden Birdwatch in January and our resource (and capacity to respond from a technical perspective)is limited right now.

F.

• Many thanks for your reply Frankie .

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• I've been playing about with IE11 to see if it works better for me with this site. It does seem to load pages more quickly with less waiting. I wanted to test whether it would post photos more easily. Unfortunately, when I tried to open the editor using "rich formatting" it doesn't display the icons so I'm stuck.

I've had to do this using Firefox. It's a very small file so it worked.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

•  Oh, well done, Alan., that worked. Thanks very much. Life's a struggle isn't it. Now to try Uploading a photo.

Well eventually I found one small enough (110kb) which would load after trying many others all under 1 Mb. Couldn't get it on a new line for some reason.

Strange because I can upload files of decent size to Google Drive in a few seconds. There must be something about my system which is not communicating properly with this site but I don't know what.

I think I'll just give up for the time being.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• We're using Opera and are able to upload photos less than 4mb.  Eventually.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Unknown said:

Even at 110kb that photo still looks ok on my machine TJ so it just shows you don't need a massive size

You can happily show a picture at 1024x819 at 85kb

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• My ISP gives me some free space on their servers, its 2 gigabyte so I upload all my pictures there so I need to keep the size as small as possible, I have come to a nice size so they still look nice on the web and at this size I can upload lots more then others would keeping them as small as possible.

This one is 85.7kb

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Hey chaps, thanks for letting us know regarding this, will make sure it is passed on.

• I've just posted three screen captures to the peregrine thread.  Each of them was under 95kb - all of them took two attempts to post as an error message came up for each.  Please tell me what is causing this and how I can try to avoid it happening.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.