This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Technical issues: Are any fundamental things still not working?

This thread is for things on the community that don't work. This does not include formatting, so if there are issues with the lay out, colours or fonts please see our 'Requests for new features' thread.   

• Glad to see you are relatively trouble free Wendy. I am another one. I also use an old desk top PC (windows 7 and IE 10) and have had few of the problems others complain about. Maybe there is something to be said about desk top PCs. Lol.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Ever the wag D, lol!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I have my laptop on an adjustable wedge on a swivel stool next to me in the living room so no more back ache bending over :)

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• My friends list is still appearing as gobbledegook all too frequently - I did get a brief glimpse of it today and then it descended into the usual Greek.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hi-  any reply on the edit problems?

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Wouldn't it be a good idea to keep this thread as a sticky as there are still issues to clear up?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Unfortunately there are likely to always be problems on the community, but we want to focus on getting people talking about wildlife, that's after all what this is all about (if you see through the technical glitches)!  

Having this post as a sticky means that new community members are shown this forum as one of the first things they see. We know that you and others on this forum will keep us up-to-date, and all the relevant staff are subscribed to this forum so regardless of whether it's sticky we still see every post.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your feedback,

M

• Unknown said:

I'm sorry to read this Maurice, after spending nearly three years on here looking through the glitches and talking about wildlife, how do you expect the newcomers to the community to react when all they find is problems, and then you have long standing members like TeeJay still not being able to upload photos properly...and as the heading of this thread says it is the fundamental things that are not working.

Doggie, I think there are a few problems, I don't agree that newcomers only find problems. I am happy for TeeJay to contact our web enquiries email directly to see what assistance we can offer, however, there are a large number of people who are able to post images etc. so I am lead to believe that this may be something specific to TeeJay's machine, this makes it a little difficult as we're not equipped with resource etc. to cater for a public PC support function.

• Unknown said:

I'm sorry to read this Maurice, after spending nearly three years on here looking through the glitches and talking about wildlife, how do you expect the newcomers to the community to react when all they find is problems, and then you have long standing members like TeeJay still not being able to upload photos properly...and as the heading of this thread says it is the fundamental things that are not working.

Doggie, I think there are a few problems, I don't agree that newcomers only find problems. I am happy for TeeJay to contact our web enquiries email directly to see what assistance we can offer, however, there are a large number of people who are able to post images etc. so I am lead to believe that this may be something specific to TeeJay's machine, this makes it a little difficult as we're not equipped with resource etc. to cater for a public PC support function.

Ahem  !!

[/quote]    Morning Frankie,  please don't believe just because I don't whine about the problems with posting photos up that I am not experiencing problems !!   In fact, 7 times out of 10  I spend half an hour writing a blog and selecting photos (which is still frustrating when you have to add one photo at a time and not a multi-upload as was promised originally ! )  only to find at the final hurdle when it comes to pressing post, the whole thing freezes and jumps back to the top of the page refusing to post !    I have just become so used to the malfunction of posting photos and blogs, I no longer complain   LOL     

Regards, Hazel 

• LOL,  I see there is an echo in my thread   !!   ut oh !!

Regards, Hazel