Technical issues: Are any fundamental things still not working?

• Hi-

when I check my notifications if I check up on one - THEY ALL DISAPPEAR!

This has been mentioned before- still annoying and still a basic schoolboy error IMHO

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• In reply to bob's_retired_now:

Why do I have to sign in afresh every week (day varies), even though I drop in every day. It happened again today. It's making me feel unloved!

• In reply to aquilareen:

aquilareen said:

Why do I have to sign in afresh every week (day varies), even though I drop in every day. It happened again today. It's making me feel unloved!

That's a bad thing? I sign in each time. It's not a site fault. It's browser settings....or you manually actioning the tasks I've deliberately automated. If you would like your internet usage to be less secure and more convenient, it can be done with a few clicks. Which browser do you use and are you sure you want to be left signed in?

• In reply to aquilareen:

aquilareen said:

The site should keep you logged in - for a time - unless, as Robbo says, you've told your browser to not do so.  Even with sites that keep you logged in, it's normal to require re-authentication occasionally (weekly, monthly etc).  In this case, it's probable that the ongoing tweaks being made by the techie guys involve a bounce of the servers and that is resetting the situation.  Please don't feel unloved :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

Fair point, Whistling Joe. I mis-read the post as being 'every day -day varies'......house being replastered in almost every room so I woke up too early!

• In reply to Robbo:

Bad luck - I'm surprised you can see the screen and that the keyboard still works!  Plaster dust's a nightmare....

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• In reply to Whistling Joe:

Intermittently being booted off the forum - coincides with 'tweaks' but logging back in has been a bit of an issue, takes 3 attempts during which time I get a message saying that I don't exist.  Also still having problems adding photos to an existing thread.  I have tried various methods including re-sizing.  

Caroline in Jersey

Cin J

• In reply to Germain:

Am still on catch-up here owing to a recent spell of health probs so forgive me if I mention something which is already in the pipeline......I find the empty reply box at the bottom of each thread page very disconcerting - makes me think it is end of thread & in the beginning missed many pages of posting & wondered why things seemed disjointed!!  Still catches me unawares at times!

Judging by all the posts I have read, I have been very lucky following the update - after initially clearing cache & ticking the box which automatically clears all cookies on exit, I have not suffered any probs in posting multiple pics or getting logged off or any other difficulties.

One thing I automatically do is to edit & trim my pics for posting to Flickr account (to minimise the risk of them being poached) so perhaps that has made them small enough to post on here easily!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

Frankie, Many thanks for your reply to my query about Notifications (page 2, this thread), but I am afraid that bookmarking threads does not solve the problem.  It does not tell me which threads to which I have recently contributed has had posts from other forum-ites since I was last online.  I have bookmarked many threads, etc., so it still means lots of time to check them and many will not have had a recent reply from anyone.  I know this is a minor problem compared to many others, so please, AFTER you have fixed the major problems (for example, that others are having with adding photographs, etc.) then please fix the Notifications!  Many thanks!  In the meantime I will continue making notes of which threads have had responses!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• In reply to bob's_retired_now:

bob's_retired_now said:

Notifications: mentioned several times before especially as they have already been further upgraded to a worse state than the upgrade.

If notifications says 8 notifications, click on it and look at one and they all now disappear. So now you don't know what the other seven were. At least post upgrade they all hung around for a while even though they all rather stupidly had the highlighting removed from them. At worst, get rid of that crassly patronising message box.

Clicking on a thread from notifications should take you to either the last post or the last page of a thread.

The names of posters quoted in Notifications should be the names of the last people to post to that thread.

You may consider that these may be new features and might want to move them to that area. Personally I think that anything that doesn't work ina sensible and logical manner is a fault that needs fixing rather than a feature request.

Bob

PS we are still waiting for a posting one eactly how the Notification system is supposed to work

I missed this before-  IT'S REALLY HARD TO TRACK DOWN Posts atm-

I agree 100% with what BRN  has written

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box