Thank you to Frankie Wicks

for this very informative, encouraging and positive post: http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/about/f/1251/t/106455.aspx 

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr

• Hi-

I found it full of jargon and nerd speak-  gateway branding leverage socially engaging  etc.

so  on the basis ' an ounce of fact is worth a ton of general statement'  the verbal comment from the Lodge was ( roughly para phrased)

'the community forum is up and running, there have been issues but pages open quickly with no delay'

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Shame as I thought it was very good and interesting!

My photos on Flickr

• What does it matter who writes it? It's about being kept informed and knowing that those that need to know what's going on DO know what's going on and are working on resolving it! I'm really sorry but I cannot see how any if these issues justify the time it would take for someone who has more important things to be getting on with, to write a few words! Frankie has told us basically everything we need to know!! At the end of that day, I still maintain that we are members of an organisation that helps to protect birds, their habitats and nature as a whole. Better the people that work for the RSPB do their jobs well and concentrate on that!

Think we're incredibly lucky to have a website with a forum where we can share everything with like minded people, get help, advice, IDs, and so on... it's a *bonus*, not a right! We've been told there's a team of techies working hard on the issues and it's right that they should be allowed to concentrate on it rather than be on here answering queries!

I'll get off my soap box now before I cause offence and get banned! I'm not out to offend actually, I just do get fed up with all the moaning!!! Lol!

MrsT, you can lock this if you want or even delete it. I only wanted to say thanks to Frankie as I was unable to in the other thread, and I've done that now! I hoped to get more positive comments! Not more moaning!

My photos on Flickr

• Don't worry MarJus I have no intention of locking or deleting this thread.  I am sure Frankie will appreciate your kind words and thanks.

• Hi MarJus, I do really appreciate the thanks.... It's always nice :)

To just address a couple of points on the post by Bob & seymouraves

• We're preparing the list to put up tomorrow, deadlines and suggested fixes etc.  will follow as per a previous post in the Q&A forum thread (http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/about/f/1251/p/106086/773934.aspx#773934).
    • We are throwing extra resource at this, the RSPB techies, mods and senior managers are all keen to see a happy community
    • I apologise if some of it seems like jargon or "nerd" speak, I'm simply trying to be as transparent as possible about why the site was upgraded and what we're doing to address some of the broader issues.

Anyway, keep a look out for further updates from me and the mods.

Thanks for your kind words again, and your patience.

F.

• I agree with Marjus, we are lucky to have a forum with updates, yes it does take time as some sites do not have new posts, or if they have it is in the abyss. And someone keeps us informed with what is going on.

J