Greasemonkey script to add BBcode support

Following my recent post and failure to realise Flickr already has html code I decided to go the whole hog and write a script that will add a BBcode button to the editor on this forum.

Click it and paste the BBcode, click submit and it will auto add your image with any links directly into the editor, viewable right away.

I found out you can add files, although it's hard to tell.

It's a tiny zip icon top left.

Brian.

My Flickr

My own humble photo site

• Hello ibcus,

Thankyou for trying to improve our community by taking the initiative on this. However I'm sure you can understand that we can't allow unregulated Java script to be shared on the community. If you would like our technical staff to have a look at ideas like this please send correspondence to our web.enquiries@rspb.org.uk inbox.

The zip file has been removed from the above post. Please do not attach files like this for public download and use on the RSPB community.

Thank you for your understanding  

• Your point is noted Maurice, I forget sometimes that most people would look at the code and see giberish.

I can assure you there is nothing malicious in the code, however I do understand people can be paranoid about javascript and I understand why you removed the file.

Brian.

Brian.

My Flickr

My own humble photo site

• I'm curious Maurice, does the fact that you are following me mean you are keeping an eye on me?

Brian.

My Flickr

My own humble photo site