This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• I'll agree with Scylla on the site speed.  Just wanted to say, Frankie, you've earned a lie in this morning - I've just looked at the time you logged off last night.  Eek.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Frankie, well done on fixing the access to other profiles!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare Bailey said:
    Frankie, you've earned a lie-in this morning - I've just looked at the time you logged off last night.

Techies are supposed to work nights and weekends, CLARE ;-)

IMAGICAT

• I think we can let Frankie off just this once don't you?, seeing as he worked so hard :)

• We've all got to sleep at some point and exhaustion isn't good at all - and I can speak from experience.

• Ooh!  And the PMs have got titles :o

I had to edit out a grumpy remark there because I see that it's not the only improvement to the PMs.  Thank you, FRANKIE :-*

IMAGICAT

• Clare Bailey said:

We've all got to sleep at some point and exhaustion isn't good at all - and I can speak from experience.

36 hours straight is my personal record, after a product launch went a bit doolally.  It was morbidly fascinating to watch everyone's mental processes slowing down until they couldn't handle the simplest of questions (such as "tea or coffee" :-)).  Letting people get rest is essential or you get loads of silly mistakes that make things worse.  Not that many senior managers seem to like that truth when things are going a bit pear-shaped! :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Message delete button has now disappeared. Ignore that, it's back again. Thanks! :)

Not tried it yet but I see the upload images facility is now 'media' so presumably works for both video and images.

• Jennifer T said:

I think we can let Frankie off just this once don't you?, seeing as he worked so hard :)

Oh dear, please don't let me give the impression that I don't appreciate Frankie :-(  Clare knows me and will not have thought I was insulting him, but I should take into account that others may not make allowances ;-)

IMAGICAT

• Its ok Scylla, it was said in jest. ;)