This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Hi seymouraves,

As a whole organisation the communities might not be top priority but that is a given, we do an awful lot. However for those involved in working on this it is a priority and we are all working on it very hard to get it sorted as quickly as possible.

Kind Regards,

Ben

• Hi

I've just be looking at my profile and can't change the language from US English. Is that going to affect the spell-checker? 

I'm using Safari and I've had a lot of error messages saying 'Safari cannot find the page' whilst trying to accept a friends request, send a PM and reply to a post. It seems that the longer I'm connected to the website, the more error messages I get.

I cleared my cache and cookies of the old website. Is there anything else I can do?

• Solve all the problems lets have the old forum back.Every upgrade ends up with us users worse off.

• Grandmamac said:
    I've just be looking at my profile and can't change the language from US English.

I noticed that too but decided not to bring it up because I'm allowed to say that I like colourful birds without it being underlined in red ;-)

IMAGICAT

• Ooops! I just flagged Tom's (mod) post on Teejay's helpful forum map as spam. This was unintentional - I just clicked an anonymous looking drop-down and that's what happened.....

• Hi Ben and Techies, Thanks for your efforts, but you gather that many forum-ites are not completely happy with the new Community site!  

Apologies if these have been covered--have not had time to read this entire thread yet, but

1. Any chance of getting back the little red dot to tell us we have not yet read that item on the home page, please?  Under the old version, it was so lovely to be able to quickly look down the Community home page and see instantly if I have read a post or a new reply (or not!)  The notification system seems to be erratic, telling me I have x-number of notifications, and once I have clicked on one of the several, it then tells me I have '0', though I have only looked at one!  Very confusing.  And they disappear occasionally without my having deleted them and whether or not I have clicked on them!  Why, please?

2. This is a minor point, but why can't the language just be listed as 'English', please (since, the RSPB is a British organisation and, most likely, the majority of RSPB forum users are in the UK)?

I will leave further complaints until a later date!  Best of luck!

Kind regards, Ann

• I'll agree the 'notification'  system seems daft!

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Is everyone else having the same problems as regards the friends list? I appear to have no friends under the "friends" tab on my profile, and just a load of gobbledy gook down the right hand side. Do we have to strat again inviting people to be friends?

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• Hi Linda,think that it might help to go to inbox and hopefully your last messages might come up then with a miracle your friends might reappear.LOL,it is better than a comedy.I bet Alan has now got it all sorted.

• Thankyou Whistling Joe and Doggie Iwill try again. Many thanks.