This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Another gripe!

There is now a reply box at the bottom of each page, instead of just the last page in a thread.  This could easily mislead busy posters to think they are on the last page and post a post without having read all the comments.  We only need the Reply icon under each post, and a reply box on the last page.

IMAGICAT

• I see that first and last page arrows have appeared - THANK YOU :-)

IMAGICAT

• Alan I use Chrome, have also tried all other browsers and I still have issues. When I had the WYSIWYG editor I had the same problem as Lolly, now I don't have it and can't change back. Guess we will have to wait for a fix. Not all Community members are seeing or experiencing the same things.

Just to add that, speedwise, it is running better at the moment.
  • Thanks for the updated comments and notification of any further problems, these will be resolved as quick as possible but obviously it is Friday afternoon so many will have to left as they are over the weekend and picked back up on Monday morning, but keep sending them our way.

The weekend looks lovely anyways so a great chance to get out and see some wildlife!

• Bob - that may be how much you're zoomed in with the browser.  I get the same thing on some zoom settings, but not on others.  Worth trying a change of zoom, just to see what happens.

I'd like to see a bit of a gap between posts - the grey bottom of the previous post (with Reply and Like in it) would be better with a little bit of white between it and the blue top banner of the next post with the Posted By name in it.

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• The notifications problem seems to be sorted now :)

• Bob - I noticed the font change, but it is a minor issue compared to the slowness many experienced (and are still?) and problems with posting photos, though it seems more members are working that out, fortunately, thanks to advice from people like you!.  Got to have all those photos!  The previous font may have been easier to read.

Whistling Joe - I get the same chopped off letters now that Bob gets and that was not a problem for me with the last version of the site.  We have certainly not changed anything here, but as a computer incompetent, I will have to ask my resident techie expert for help if zooming is the problem--thanks!

Kind regards, Ann

• If you're on a laptop, you can probably pinch-zoom (ie slide two fingers together towards the middle of the touchpad).  If using a "proper" mouse and keyboard, try holding down the Ctrl button and moving the mouse's scroll wheel.  That will zoom in and out.  No guarantee it will be enough to solve the problem (the g on the end of Whistling is difficult to improve), but I can get Bob's underlines back

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Whistling Joe, I'm afraid zooming makes no difference to me.  I am still missing the detail below the bottom of the letters, ie I cannot see the tail on your 'g', it is merely 'zoomed'.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Unknown said:
    The little green bar goes so far and then I get "error".

I've been getting error box popups when uploading pics but on repeating the action, without taking out the data already uploaded that has produced the error msg, it works - sometimes I've had to do it about 4-5 times.

IMAGICAT