This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UPDATED COMMUNITIES Q&A CLINIC

This site has a brand new look, as you will have no doubt noticed by now. Change can be a little daunting at first, but rest assured we are here to help with the transition from old to new. Please use this thread to ask any questions/voice any concerns and will do out utmost to get back to you.

N.B: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the current speed of the site, we are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve this as a priority.

Claire

• Serious problem with one PM  method:

Click on Member's ID in a thread, the option to send PM is offered.  Start typing in PM box, suddenly, click! one is taken to the member's details page with recent activity etc... and Send Private Mesage is there also, so one starts all over again.

IMAGICAT

• I don't see longstanding, respected forums like Digital Spy or AV Forums turning Facebooky, thank goodness.

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:

Mrs. T or other moderator: Please look at the Members' list (LG Osprey Group). People's full names are being displayed with their screen names. I never authorized the site to show my full name. 

I went to Settings and unchecked the box so that my name would not be displayed in the Members' list. However, the site simply restored my setting to the default. It re-checked the box. I don't see any button to save changes?

I've also changed my Notification settings three times, but it keeps restoring them to the default.

Please investigate the problem with the Members' list.  Thank you very much. 

Hi-  isn't that covered under Data Protection?

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Hi-  so let me see if I have this right;

It was decided to update the community-

It was decided to start the job despite previous history of massive problems when doing re-vamps/ updates

It was decided that fixing a predictable mess  wasn't a high priority

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Hi all, once again many thanks for being patient with us and tolerating any problems, I have this update for you from our technical team:

I would like to update you with our continuing work to resolve the issues we have encountered since the upgrade.

The first and most significant step was to tackle the priority issue of performance. We have been working on a group of tasks that could contribute to the impact on performance relating to how the Community application works with the other web applications. We have also agreed to purchase an additional amount of memory for our servers. This memory upgrade has been scheduled for Saturday on our externally hosted web servers. This was the earliest opportunity we could get to do this work.

We are compiling all the issues fed back through the Community and are working on these as well. Please bear with us, we are working as hard as possible to address these issues.

Kind Regards,

Ben

• I imagine the following is already on your list of issues to look at, but just in case....  when using USE RICH FORMATTING, can the option to receive email notification be chosen, rather than by default?  Thank you.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• SheilaFE said:
    I imagine the following is already on your list of issues to look at, but just in case....  when using USE RICH FORMATTING etc etc...

Yes it has already been flagged, SHEILA, by little ole me ;-)  Great minds!

However, I think you will find that if your main personal settings require "no notifications of replies", that will override the "email me" on individual posts, so no need to untick the option every time.

IMAGICAT

• Anyone got any ideas why I still can't post any photos...All I get is a message time after time saying ..The administrator has configured this site not to allow for duplicate postings?...I've tried with photos I've never uploaded anywhere and still the same message....Think I'll give up, I've tried a since the change in the web site over a week ago with no joy.

• May thanks Scylla, most helpful - as usual!

Mel P, oh, please don't give up.  Sadly I don't think you are alone in this, so hopefully the issue will be resolved.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Unknown said:

I've mentioned this before but i've just looked at the forums while i was logged out and you can see peoples profiles page, under the old site you had to be registered to see them

You are right, Doggie. I don't like that one bit.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr