Groups... Reserves.

Hi, I'm a newbie here.... but thought that my first port of call would be to see how many folks have enjoyed my local RSPB reserve, I could not find it at all in the list of Reserves in the Groups section and wondered if it could be added, as it is a lovely remote reserve and is visited frequently especially during the summer months. It is at Forsinard in Sutherland, Highland.

Looking forward to reading much more on here, many thanks... Sutherland Lass

Enjoying the wildlife everyday :-)

• Hi Its listed on the main page but just information, not a group. Thats a long long way North must be truly beautiful
    http://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/f/forsinard/index.aspx

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Hello... and thanks for the link!  Yes we are only 22 miles from the North coast it is beautiful and at the moment....still white and cold!!  :-)

I hope that Forsinard gets added as a Reserve on the group page... 

Thanks again... Carol

Enjoying the wildlife everyday :-)

• Hi + welcome here. I'm from north of the border but now just to the south.

Sutherland is utterly beautiful, spent some wonderful summers up there in your neck of the woods!! Have agreat time.

'In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks'  John Muir.       

Excuse wobbily dyslexic spelling!

• we go to the highlands every year so will try and find time to visit the reserve we stay in lochalsh near sky then travel around on the scoot i find scotlands scenery and most of all wildlife mind blowing, BEAUTIFUL! hoping to buy telescope on sat (26th ) to hopefully spot those far away eagles! you live in a truly beautiful place and cant wait til june for our next visit

• Sutherland Lass,we were up there late spring last year,totally different part of the world,absolutely fantastic (nearly as good as Yorkshire lol).We were lucky enough to get both White Tailed and Golden Eagle just off the reserve one evening but my most memorable moment was just the sound of the calling waders,very haunting

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Hi Sutherland Lass,

I've always wanted to visit the Highlands and my ambition is soon to be fulfilled next month.

We are spending a week based around Inverness and will visiting Loch Ruthven RSPB Reserve, Findorn Valley, Spey Valley, Cairngorms National Park inc. Abernethy Forest, Loch Garten & Tulloch Mhor, Aviemore & the Cairngorms Funicular Railway (to the top of Cairn Gorm); also Loch an Eilein & The Insh Marshes RSPB Reserve, Loch Vaa, Carrbridge, Anagach Woods & Lochindorb.

Phew! I might need a dram or two to get me through that lot! And some Carrot Cake.

I might take a few photos.

Cheers, Graham

• Hi Sutherland Lass

You will be pleased to know that Forsinard Flows has just begun blogging and you can find their first post 'Wild in the North' by either searching Forsinard in the RSPB Community search, from their RSPB homepage and on their new facebook group as well. I have copied the links below, hopefully they will work.

www.facebook.com/RSPBForsinard

www.rspb.org.uk/.../wild-in-the-north.aspx