Counties

it would be cool if we could post under individual counties instead of just one general forum

thanks

Camera always at the ready!!

@BirdPics on twitter

http://tomsphotog.webs.com/

• you could always put it in you post even time, just say where you are if you want.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away the D.D.T now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please!

• i suppose but it would be nice if we could get little community's in each county forum

@BirdPics on twitter

• I know what you mean. So you could immediately see who is seeing what locally even if they are not signed up to a particular group. That wouldn't preclude being part of the bigger group too.  Also it would be good to be able to search on a particular person to see what they are doing or saying if you know you share interests or birdy activities.

Keep Norfolk for birds

• exactly

@BirdPics on twitter

• I think it would be a bad idea, for a start I don't think there are enough people on to make it worthwhile so it would just create a load of empty forums, and secondly it would leave a lot of extra forums to look through for those that are interested in reading about others sightings regardless of what part of the country they are in.  I know there is the unread posts option but even then I have missed a number of good posts that I didn't spot in that but I found through browsing the different sections.  Splitting everything by counties would be counter-productive to creating a community also as people will be divided up into their own sections rather than sharing with the whole comminity.

• I agree with KatTai. It would not be compatible with the idea of the Community. We are all part of the Community wherever we live. It would create cliques within each county, and it is always possible some folk may be quite alone in theirs! I enjoy comparing the birds I have with others in different areas, and would not like to have to wade through 20 or more new forums to do this. There are enough already in my humble opinion.

Cheers, Linda.

See my photos on Flickr

• I agree with Kat Tai and Sparrow. Apart from anything else, as far as I am aware, wildlife doesn't understand county boundaries!

The necessity of bird-watching is a really good reason for avoiding all forms of housework.

The dust will still be there tomorrow - the birds may not be!

• Squirrel B said:

I agree with Kat Tai and Sparrow. Apart from anything else, as far as I am aware, wildlife doesn't understand county boundaries!

Ditto,

Regards Buzzard

Nature Is Amazing - Let Us Keep It That Way

• Unknown said:

I know what you mean. So you could immediately see who is seeing what locally even if they are not signed up to a particular group. That wouldn't preclude being part of the bigger group too.  Also it would be good to be able to search on a particular person to see what they are doing or saying if you know you share interests or birdy activities.

Try www.goingbirding.co.uk - sightings and other info listed by county.

"I was born under a wanderin' star......"

• Buzzard said:

I agree with Kat Tai and Sparrow. Apart from anything else, as far as I am aware, wildlife doesn't understand county boundaries!

Ditto,

Regards Buzzard

[/quote]

Ditto ditto! ;-)

"All weeds are flowers, once you get to know them" (Eeyore)

My photos on Flickr